BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    That makes a lot more sense. I was so confused at the notion that she would want to resurrect him. The GW website also says she once fought alongside him and disappointed him, but I'm pretty sure she didn't. Maybe something has changed since I last checked.
    She did actually fight alongside him. She was one of his 9 Mortarchs in the old days as well. The vampires all realized Nagash was on the losing side however and bailed on him, leaving him to die.

Isn't his doom preordained to be some big bloodthirster named Bovril or something? Or am I mis-remembering (more than the name).

So, GW are obviously building in mechanisms that might enable to Nagash to be defeated, what with Aliathra's background and all. So the question is are we going to see End times fixed in stasis like SoC was until it was retconned or the 40k setting is or is this a WoW-Cataclysm style rejig to let them move the story forward with more dynamism than before?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Isn't his doom preordained to be some big bloodthirster named Bovril or something? Or am I mis-remembering (more than the name).

So, GW are obviously building in mechanisms that might enable to Nagash to be defeated, what with Aliathra's background and all. So the question is are we going to see End times fixed in stasis like SoC was until it was retconned or the 40k setting is or is this a WoW-Cataclysm style rejig to let them move the story forward with more dynamism than before?
    Ehm... well, it only means his reincarnation isn't perfect. Since that point he has kicked Settra out of Khemri, razed every city in the land of the dead, became the god of their underworld by eating the old god, ate a dwarf god and forced every tomb king to join his army. From what I can tell, his ultimate plan is to eat the gods of chaos.

That said, they're also setting up the Skaven and Chaos for some serious endtime action in the book, so don't be surprised to see those rising soon.

Yes but you don't include something like that without having a reason, whether it is to hint at the possibility Nagash may be defeated in future while holding the setting in stasis or by having him defeated as you progress the story. They aren't going to wipe out WFB completely.

Ooh I just had a thought, I wonder if the Total War Warhammer title being worked on by Creative Assembly will tie into End times...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    Ehm... well, it only means his reincarnation isn't perfect. Since that point he has kicked Settra out of Khemri, razed every city in the land of the dead, became the god of their underworld by eating the old god, ate a dwarf god and forced every tomb king to join his army. From what I can tell, his ultimate plan is to eat the gods of chaos.

That said, they're also setting up the Skaven and Chaos for some serious endtime action in the book, so don't be surprised to see those rising soon.
    This was my thought. Nagash still has Chaos to deal with, not to mention the Elves if they survive the daemons. The presence of a daemonic horde at Ulthuan means the vortex is weakening, which also means the dragons may rise, which would be a pretty big deal too. I'm also interested to see what Durthu does now that he's no longer insane and can presumably tap into that massive well of power he has.

I'm not sure how Nagash could ever come near to the power of the chaos gods. It shall be interesting to see what his plans are. Maybe just close the chaos gates at the poles? It seems strange that the end times aren't so focussed on Archaon. I don't think Archaon would stand much of a chance against Nagash, but who knows what will happen with chaos. I don't think they'll be keen to let their playground turn undead and emotionless.

Wonder if you could see Chaos attacking Nagash as a threat, it could end up easing pressure on Ulthuan and Naggaroth. Oh and Kislev.

Wonder if you could see Chaos attacking Nagash as a threat, it could end up easing pressure on Ulthuan and Naggaroth. Oh and Kislev.
    They already do that. Along the way Nagash's missions keep getting attacked by beastmen, and the whole reason Chaos is trying to get into the empire is because they are trying to carve a path straight to Sylvanas. They are well aware of Nagash's threat, the empire is simply in the way.

It seems strange that the end times aren't so focussed on Archaon. I don't think Archaon would stand much of a chance against Nagash, but who knows what will happen with chaos. I don't think they'll be keen to let their playground turn undead and emotionless.
    The main reason Nagash is rising is because he sensed that Chaos is rising. If it had been up to Nagash he would have waited longer, but he felt that Chaos was getting so strong that if he delayed his resurrection any longer, he may very well not get to resurrect at all.

Occuli Imperator

Borvil, defweated by the mighty unilever...

*ahem*

But, the idea is interesting. There are many that feel that WFB is the smaller sister to 40k so it is in that setting that they are willing to trial things before hitting 40k, (like the multi-part plastic kits, IIRC you had halberdiers/swordsmen/spears in one kit then as that went down well you then got the first 40k multipart kit Khorne Berzerkers) so perhaps this is a case of "can we move the story on right/well" while not eliminating the core audience and perhaps expanding the number of players? Then if that works well see if we can do the same with 40k.

I like it.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

It also seems to be attempting to reduce the amount of cost for armies, bumping up Lords to 50% means a lot less models you have to put on the table if you want. Probably an attempt at getting more people into WFB.

Oh, can anyone share a rough points cost for Neferata? I think exact costs are against the rules (unless published in WD?) so just a rough idea would be nice.

It also seems to be attempting to reduce the amount of cost for armies, bumping up Lords to 50% means a lot less models you have to put on the table if you want. Probably an attempt at getting more people into WFB.

Oh, can anyone share a rough points cost for Neferata? I think exact costs are against the rules (unless published in WD?) so just a rough idea would be nice.
    You can use her in a 1300 point game.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast