BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Default End Times; Nagash - Spoilerific discussion.

How do?

So starting to plough through my books now, and my word this is something special.

For my money, these should do for Warhammer what Horus Heresy did for 40k. Production values are right up there, and the book of background is as thick as the Warhammer Rulebook itself*

And yet there is so much win in this book, it's going to be hard to chit chat about it without revealing spoilers. After all, this is entirely new background! As such, sod spoiler tags. You have one warning, and one warning alone (well, two including the title!)....

THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS. CONTINUE READING FOREWARNED, AND AT YOUR OWN PERIL.....

First up, a quick round up of what's going on....

Naggaroth and Ulthuan both besieged by Chaos. It's all going horribly wrong for both, and indeed Ulthuan seems to be on the brink of another, non-Dark Elf related civil war. Finubar has shut himself away in a tower, for reasons unclear. Imrik seems to be making a play for the Phoenix throne, whereas the Phoenix Guard have bent their knee to Tyrion. Imrik took umbrage at this, and has flounced off back to Caledor to look after his own peoples, seemingly leaving the rest of Ulthuan to rot.

Naggaroth? Malekith is reet pissed off, and it would seem Darkblade is planning rebellion......

Bretonnia? Recent civil war, with Louis' ******* son going Vamp, but appears to have now been defeated - Kemmler now revealed to be an agent of Chaos, rather than Nagash as many expected....

Right, that's enough for now. Off to read even moar.

*May be very slight exaggeration. I don't have my Warhammer Rulebook to hand. And it's around 500 miles away.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-30-2014 at 06:51 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I'm very interested in seeing what is happening with this. I play Lizardmen and there hasn't been much of a peep about what they're up to, so I guess I have to wait until next year. Although I have seen an amusing comment thread wondering if Nagash could take control of Lord Kroak due to the whole mummification thing.

(My money is on no, but if he kept his bones to himself and kept out of Lustria then the slaan would probably be fine with joining in the general chaos-smiting which probably puts them on the same 'side'.)
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I'm very interested in seeing what is happening with this. I play Lizardmen and there hasn't been much of a peep about what they're up to, so I guess I have to wait until next year. Although I have seen an amusing comment thread wondering if Nagash could take control of Lord Kroak due to the whole mummification thing.

(My money is on no, but if he kept his bones to himself and kept out of Lustria then the slaan would probably be fine with joining in the general chaos-smiting which probably puts them on the same 'side'.)
    My money is on yes....those Morghasts were once divine servants of Ptra, the Nehekharan Sungod.....Nagash chinned the lot of them, and then raised them up as mockeries of their former selves....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Slann are kind of different though, being the highest creations of the Old Ones and all. Interesting to see. More about Countess of Nuln!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Countess of Nuln kicked off her heels, and then smashed Arkhan's face in, ramming his skull up his undead chuff*

*May have made that bit up.

I don't know, seems legit...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Tsarina Katarina confirmed to still be kicking arse, even though Kislev is pretty much gone.

Reason? To give The Empire enough time to get it's forces deployed. Which is nice of her.

Neither Mannfred nor Neferata are especially pleased about serving Nagash. Oh, and Mannfred now has the Fellblade - unclear if anyone else knows this. Note to Skaven - deceased Dragons should ideally not be incorporated into your fortress walls.....

Brother-Captain

As long as I still have my winged lancer models, I shall use them by thunder! Long live Kislev! Long live the Tsarina!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Athel Loren now.....

Aerial is dying. The Oak of Ages is dying. Orion has gone on a rampage, ruled by rage over reason. Alarielle of the Asur has arrived, and made a pact with consequences unknown with Durthu to assist in rescuing her daughter from the clutches of Mannfred......

Bretonnia now....

Leoncouer appears dead, slain by the hand of his traitorous illegitimate son, Mallobuade. Green Knight has revealed himself to be none other than Gilles Le Breton, and has ascended the throne once more.... However, warpstone meteorites have peppered the land, leading to Beastman warherds roaming the land, the City of Bordeleaux vanishing without a trace, a great keep of Bone and Brass standing in it's place. Gilles Le Breton has now declared a new Errantry War, of size to eclipse all that came before....

- - - Updated - - -

Kingdoms of the Dwarfs.....

Some are calling for the Holds to be sealed, noting a lessening in attacks from Skaven and Goblin kind. Thorek Ironbrow believes he has discerned the location of the fabled portal stone of Valaya, the rune covered post and lintel through which the Ancestor Goddess first stepped out of the living mountain. Long trusted Lore suggested the finding of such an artefact, and others like it would mark the onset of a new Golden Age, a time when the gods would once more walk amongst their people....

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast