BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Cannot wait to get this book. Any word on the Lizardmen yet? What about Ogres and Chaos Dwarves?

Quote Originally Posted by el_tigre View Post
    Cannot wait to get this book. Any word on the Lizardmen yet? What about Ogres and Chaos Dwarves?
    Lizardmen are overrun by skaven and demons and start a mass exodus.
    Ogre Kingdoms fall apart, Greasus is unable to keep the more distant tribes from leaving his kingdom. End result, many ogres go north to join Chaos or go south to work as mercenaries.

Librarian

Britannic Civil War sounds really interesting. If GW could do the new book with characters on both sides of the civil "dispute", that book would be really intriguing.

Civil War? You're thinking too small. The civil war is over; Mallobaude's undead horde lost. But Bretonnia is in ruin, and only its knights stand a chance of rescuing it from darkness. Whole cities and castles are gone, some replaced with daemonic fortresses. La Maisontaal abbey has been levelled as Arkhan sought Alakanash, the Staff of Nagash.

Mystery's going through the start of the book, which is a series of vignettes detailing the current state of play for all the factions as the end times begin. The main narrative so far has taken us up to 2525, I think, and covers the following, roughly:

Mannfred and Arkhan's assembly of the remaining artefacts of Nagash;

The ritual to resurrect Nagash, and the doomed efforts of High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarfs and the Empire to stop it (spoiler, they don't);

Neferata's march south into the lands of the dwarfs, seeking an ancient artefact to aid with Nagash's empowerment;

The first battles at the Empire's northern border and the betrayal of Balthasar Gelt;

Finally, Nagash's assault on Nehekhara.

Who's dead? God, where do you start? It seems like if you don't have a current model, your chances of survival are low. Eltharion is dead. Zacharias the Everliving is dead. Kemmler is dead. Louen Leoncouer is missing. Settra is utterly defeated (but can't die...). Nekaph is dead. Crom the Conqueror gets his face kicked in by Valten. The Anvil of Doom is destroyed. There's others I'm missing.

But who is back? Only some awesome ancient characters! Do you remember Dieter Helsnicht? He's in the story. The Nameless is a reference to some truly ancient Warhammer fiction (I worked it out, but won't spoil it, it's fun). Walach Harkon and the Pirate King of the Vampire Coast are dead and loving it.

Finally, so much intrigue. There are a bunch of real "mic drop" moments. Teclis is piling scheme upon scheme. Aenarion's curse has manifested in an unexpected manner. Malekith has been off on a sudden holiday. Chaos is goading people to action here and there, making offers and whispers in the ears of some truly unexpected characters. Wizards are feeling the pull of forbidden powers - and not just those of chaos. Some people's motivations aren't what you expect.

But the main thing, the single best thing, is Arkhan the Black, sarcastic super-lich badass of my heart.

It's a beautiful book, packed with illustrations, driven by a deep, rich, coherent (mostly) narrative which is beyond the usual "but then x beat up y using super unit z". It's the best Warhammer book. I think it's the best GW book. Pick it up. Luxuriate in it. Wait impatiently for the next one.

If anyone has questions they want answered on the narrative, I can attempt answers.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Anything about Morathi and Hellebron?

Also the Countess Leibwitz of Nuln.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Anything about Morathi and Hellebron?

Also the Countess Leibwitz of Nuln.
    To where I've gotten, there's a reference of Malekith sending for his mother, and one of his guard thinks it would have been funny if he'd had sent hellebron to do it, but in the end Darkblade gets sent.

I wish I had my copy. ><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

This is why I always order direct from GW. FLGS may sometimes ship earlier, but I've never had a late book off GW.

Plus, local store is local, and it's only right to pay where you play

- - - Updated - - -

And now for a quick check....what page is everyone up to?

101 for me, on account I was out last night for parent's Ruby Wedding anniversary.... a pox upon them
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

the betrayal of Balthasar Gelt;
    Smurfs, would you mind elaborating on this point?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Big spoiler?? Like, seriously do not read further on this post sized spoiler if you want some secrets spoiler?

Gelt finds out that a shapeshifter (Changeling) is attempting to assassinate Emperor Karl Franz. Gelt 'works out' that the Shapeshifter is clearly Valten.

And promptly raises some Undead to help him protect the Emperor.....

Folks, remember, this is Spoilerific!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast