BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

In terms if casualties: what's interesting is that yes, it's obviously a clearout of old characters who don't have models, but it's also more than that. As Volkmar (and perhaps others...) show, having a recent model isn't actually a protection against death. As Mystery says, there's a good mix of things you see coming, and things you absolutely don't. Can't wait for book two. Want. Now.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Isthere much new art?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Honestly? Hard to tell.....

There certainly seems to be, but also a 'thank you' to Mythic at the beginning of the book, so some I regard as being new may be simply recycled form a source I'm not familiar with.

This really is several hundred pages of win!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

My knowledge of Warhammer art isn't encyclopedic, but there's a pleasing amount of stuff that is new to me, as well as old classics. All the Mortarchs and Nagash have at least one big character portrait illustration, there are big impressive pieces showing the resurrection ritual, and of course the lovely one of Settra and Nagash's confrontation. One of the striking things is that there's art everywhere in the book; it's in the background of pages, it's around the text, it's in big spreads. It's a lovely design.

There could've been more new art, but what's there is great, and the selections from past art are nice.

The art is from a variety of sources, from old army book covers to box art for regiment sets, to character designs from Warhammer Online (yes!)
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Well the ritual is probably new.

Is there an explanation as to why Aliathra is still alive? Usually when yo usacrifice someone to bring back the Big Bad they die. Not complaining.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well the ritual is probably new.

Is there an explanation as to why Aliathra is still alive? Usually when yo usacrifice someone to bring back the Big Bad they die. Not complaining.
    Well, I'm on page 110, just before the ritual and she's still kicking.

Whether she is part of that ritual, or just the bone wall ritual protecting Sylvania, I don't know yet!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Boo, she'll probably end up dead then.><

Morgiana Le Fay just bought the farm.......

- - - Updated - - -

The Princess Eldyra is one hell of a badass though!

Someone needs to tell her now is not the time to try ones hand at market gardening.

Yay! Get her a model GW!

She's just punched Mannfred, right in the kisser!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast