BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default How does Night Fight works in 7h edition? (and the Dark Eldar voidraven bomber...)

On the Rule book I have only found that with a 4+ the Night Fight rule applies in the 1st turn. And then? Does the down comes automatically in the second turn?

I have read that the Dark Eldar Voidraven Bomber has the Nigth vision. But it is a flyer, so it can never been on the board on first turn...
    Can anyone explain this?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Michele Portioli View Post
    On the Rule book I have only found that with a 4+ the Night Fight rule applies in the 1st turn. And then? Does the down comes automatically in the second turn?

I have read that the Dark Eldar Voidraven Bomber has the Nigth vision. But it is a flyer, so it can never been on the board on first turn...
    Can anyone explain this?
    If night fight doesn't start with turn 1, you start rolling for it turn 5.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    If night fight doesn't start with turn 1, you start rolling for it turn 5.
    That was 5th and 6th edition.

Currently you only roll for Night Fighting if either player wants too, and before deployment. If you roll a 4+, then it is Night for game turn 1 (p135)
    There are (and perhaps more in the future) some things that allow Night Fighting on other turns like the Necron Solar Pulse.
    There may also be some Altar of War missions with longer/different turns Night Fighting. Of course you may play a campaign or other custom scenario that has an all night time game.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    That was 5th and 6th edition.

Currently you only roll for Night Fighting if either player wants too, and before deployment. If you roll a 4+, then it is Night for game turn 1 (p135)
    There are (and perhaps more in the future) some things that allow Night Fighting on other turns like the Necron Solar Pulse.
    There may also be some Altar of War missions with longer/different turns Night Fighting. Of course you may play a campaign or other custom scenario that has an all night time game.
    Oh sorry. 7th has been pretty abysmal for me so I tend to block it out of my mind like a traumatic childhood experience.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

You got it. In normal games it's yet another useless rule in the DE codex. Kind of like Lelith's +1WS warlord trait: has zero effect for pretty much every game.

First-Captain

There are ways to get a Voidraven on the table Turn 1, so, it could come in handy.

Plus, they're coming out with new missions all the time now, there could be a campaign set with night fighting missions, or you could write your own missions set at night where the Dark Eldar are raiding, nothin says you have to stick to the book missions.

Sky Shield right?
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

No, not the Skyshield; you have to have Hover to start the game on that.

But all of the Planetstrike missions and some of the story missions from Sanctus Reach have the Planetary Assault (Attacker rolls for Reserves from Turn 1) and Scramble (Defender rolls for Reserves from Turn 1, plus some other stuff) rules and in Apocalypse, when you're choosing when your Strategic Reserves will arrive, Fliers (among other units), can choose Turn 1.