BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    No, they aren't ambiguous. You can shoot two guns in the shooting phase. Overwatch is not in the shooting phase, ergo gunslinger does not apply. Simple as that.
    Oh, yeah, they are ambiguous. On one hand, the rules state a model normally can only shoot once per phase (oddly enough, this was changed from 6th), but sometimes others can fire more.

Overwatch says that it's a normal shooting attack. The question is just HOW normal?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

normal
    albeit in the ASSAULT PHASE
    , while you could argue ambiguity in 6th due to the limitation on how many weapons specifying shooting phase, the change in terminology means that it is no longer ambiguous, its 1 weapon only ever in overwatch
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

The lack of basic reading comprehension on behalf of one party does not indicate ambiguity.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Ad hominem comments are little better. Again, this argument has circled a hundred times on every forum.

"Overwatch happens in the Assault phase, it's not in the Shooting, so it's one weapon only."

"Well actually, the limitation on one weapon per model also says, 'in the Shooting phase, so all my models can fire all their guns!'"

"Wait, what? Okay, so if Overwatch is a Shooting attack and treated with the rules for the Shooting Phase, then models that can fire additional weapons in the Shooting Phase in Overwatch?"

"Nah, it's in the Assault phase, not the Shooting phase, though."

You may also repeat this for firing in the Movement phase with Interceptor.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Ad hominem comments are little better. Again, this argument has circled a hundred times on every forum.

"Overwatch happens in the Assault phase, it's not in the Shooting, so it's one weapon only."

"Well actually, the limitation on one weapon per model also says, 'in the Shooting phase, so all my models can fire all their guns!'"
    you might want to read the new rules before acting like a smart arse.....
    Typically, a model can only fire a single shooting weapon in the same phase, although some models, such as vehicles or monstrous creatures, can shoot two or more. Once a model has fired its maximum number of weapons, it cannot fire again that phase.
    no mention of shooting phase at all in 7th, merely single phase. So the logic fallacy you are talking about doesnt even exist......
    Last edited by daboarder; 08-31-2014 at 03:39 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Oh, that's good. I'll be honest, I'm still loathe to pay £50 for the new rulebook, so I've been learning as I play and checking rules as I go.

GW fixing rules ambiguities. Bloody hell, I actually have a good feeling about 7th!
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Fair enough, if it doesn't mention the 'shooting phase' with regards to what or how many a model can fire that's fine. As to them fixing ambiguity that still hasn't entirely happened. Some rules are still a little ambiguous in their interpretation.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master

If they removed the specific restriction that you can fire multiple guns "in the shooting phase" then go ahead. Otherwise, the assault phase is not the shooting phase, nor is it a "counts as shooting phase", nor does a few random biased tau player's skewed opinions change what the actual rules are.

I'm pretty sure that the rules for Tau at the least still limit them specifically to the shooting phase, unless their codex got updated with 7th and I missed it. Gunslinger might have changed, though.

Ad hominem comments are little better.
    It's not actually ad hominem when it's true, it's just rude. Subtle difference.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    If they removed the specific restriction that you can fire multiple guns "in the shooting phase" then go ahead. Otherwise, the assault phase is not the shooting phase, nor is it a "counts as shooting phase", nor does a few random biased tau player's skewed opinions change what the actual rules are.

I'm pretty sure that the rules for Tau at the least still limit them specifically to the shooting phase, unless their codex got updated with 7th and I missed it. Gunslinger might have changed, though.

It's not actually ad hominem when it's true, it's just rude. Subtle difference.
    Nope, Sliingers, Monstrous, tau all are limited to the shooting phase, pretty specific really

Chapter-Master

Then I stand by my previous statements.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast