BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by jenkatron View Post
    Nope he is not shooting the TFC on overwatch but he is wanting to fire the gunners equipped weapons, BOTH the TL plasma cutter (s7 AP2) and then also wanting to do the wall of death with the flamer (D3 S4 AP5 auto hits), arguing that this is allowed because the servo harness allows him to shoot both!
    Ah. The structure of your sentence made it seem as if they were attempting to fire the TFC on overwatch -- irregardless of the harness issue.

As for the harness, I'd say that if it allows you to fire two weapons in the Shooting Phase, then it should allow you to fire two weapons in the Overwatch sub-phase.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Nope, not at all; actually it's a whole different thing; shooting is a 'planned' attack which is why he can shoot both weapons, overwatch can be more thought of as going something like: "Oh cr4p, he's charging me...." Bang! With whatever weapon comes to hand. You're not aiming or getting ready for it, it just happens on the spur of a split second unlike shooting.
    Please quote in the rule book this term "Planned Attack"?

Don't be pedantic; you know full well what I meant. Shooting is assumed to be taking aim and firing where Overwatch isn't. Anyway it's been resolved it no longer specifies 'shooting phase' but 'a phase'.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Brother-Captain

Don't be pedantic; you know full well what I meant. Shooting is assumed to be taking aim and firing where Overwatch isn't. Anyway it's been resolved it no longer specifies 'shooting phase' but 'a phase'.
    Indeed. In 6th edition it was two weapons due to the specification of 'shooting phase' in the general firing of weapons rules, but now that the specification has been removed and left as 'phase' it's one weapon only.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Indeed. In 6th edition it was two weapons due to the specification of 'shooting phase' in the general firing of weapons rules, but now that the specification has been removed and left as 'phase' it's one weapon only.
    Actually due to the wording it's 2

If you read the post above quoting it then it does say 2 weapons per phase. Or an extra weapon each phase or whatever I didn't read it again just to point that out LOL

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Actually due to the wording it's 2

If you read the post above quoting it then it does say 2 weapons per phase. Or an extra weapon each phase or whatever I didn't read it again just to point that out LOL
    what? no it doesnt it states normally 1 weapon per phase (unless exempt)

All the exceptions so far only exempt models from the shooting phase restriction not the assualt phase restriction
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

The overwatch rules say an overwatch attack is "resolved like a normal shooting attack...and uses all the normal rules for range, line of sight, cover saves and so on".

Looks pretty clear to me, normal shooting attack, uses all the normal rules, so if you fire two weapons in a normal shooting attack you can fire them both in overwatch.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Why does everyone ignore the giant bold ALBIET IN THE ASSAULT PHASE section of the rules?

I mean you've deliberately removed that from your quote....so you know how damaging to your point it is
    Last edited by daboarder; 09-03-2014 at 01:05 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Dark and Daboarder are correct on this one, rule as written wise.

The issue isn't that overwatch is not treated as a normal shooting attack, so much as the fact that Gunslinger, Servo Harness rules, Monstrous Creature rules and Tau Battlesuit rules all specifically state that the extra attacks that are permitted are a part of the Shooting Phase, not as a part of a shooting attack, had all of those rules said shooting attacks, with no mention whatsoever of shooting phase, that would be a different story, since at that point the bonus attacks are tied to any shooting attack as normal.

That's right; it's down to wording;

If it says 'allows an extra weapon to be fired per phase' then you get 2 (pretty much like an MC would.
    If it says 'allows you to fire x weapons in the shooting phase' then you only get 1 overwatch shot. But can fire that many in the shooting phase.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast