BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New to the Forums but not to gaming

Hail and well met !

Endofdaze here. I'm a 40K and fantasy player. I also play Warmachine. I've been playing warhammer since 84
    and use to be an outrider for GW. And despite all the changes GW has made over my many years of gaming I still think there is nothing better then siting across the battlefield with a friend and having a fun game. I just moved to the Ft. Hood area and played a game at the local shop "Battlefield games". Seems like a good store with engaged friendly people. I look forward to playing there. I have played most all of the Fantasy armies and several of the 40k.
    Endofdaze
    Dark Angels Commander

Occuli Imperator

Hello and welcome aboard!

Once you get to 5 posts you'll get additional forum rights

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Red Hand of Ulster, controversial!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Well I don't know if it's controversial but it has been my family crest since the 12th century.
    Endofdaze
    Dark Angels Commander

Chapter-Master

Hello,
    come to the oubliette

Enjoy our tangents

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

just not my thing. No little ponies thanks
    Endofdaze
    Dark Angels Commander

Chapter-Master

lols, well still find the oubliette (clue its at the bottom)

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Endofdaze View Post
    Well I don't know if it's controversial but it has been my family crest since the 12th century.
    The controversey is its association with the 9 years war in ireland, when in the 1600s James I (or VI) raised funds by selling titles and those granted one were awared the red hand of ulster, and thus were supporting the war effort, such as the Earl of Bradfords.

Of course it could be the red hand of O'Neil(sp?) and whether it is left or right apparently makes a difference though I cannot recall which.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Its the right hand of the O'Neil. Our Sept was second only to the high king of Ireland and we were kings in our own right and even held the high kings seat. We were the preeminent bards of Ireland and later Scotland as well. Our clan has never been loyal to the english crown though some members outside of the clan holdings were. And as we all know sometimes you have to roll with the punches and adapt to political winds of change.
    Endofdaze
    Dark Angels Commander

Chapter-Master

So does that make you catholics that fought for the crown?

well some did and some didnt
    Endofdaze
    Dark Angels Commander

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast