BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Reaper's Third BONES Kickstarter is CAV

I'm surprised that this wasn't already listed here in the Kickstarter section.

[url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-cav-strike-operations[/url]

I've always loved the CAV models, but just never seen them sell at any of the stores I've owned or worked at due to the cost and people's overall preference for Battletech.

Thoughts?

John M>

I wonder what scale this is.

CAV Scale [url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-cav-strike-operations/posts/972640#comments[/url]

These look nice, but if they're made of that horrible cheap-a** plastic that the other Bones models are made of, I shan't be investing.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Captain

That's exactly what they are, and that's why they're doing it. They're taking cav minis from $8 to $25 each based on weight down to $3 to $5 each in plastic. I think it's a great step. More affordable. And once painted, the Bones minis look just as good as metal, but weigh and cost much less. I love them personally.

John M.

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    That's exactly what they are, and that's why they're doing it. They're taking cav minis from $8 to $25 each based on weight down to $3 to $5 each in plastic. I think it's a great step. More affordable. And once painted, the Bones minis look just as good as metal, but weigh and cost much less. I love them personally.

John M.
    Plus there's the added bonus that because the molds have to be made my computer, it's easier to keep the size of each unit in scale to each other. It's something the makers of Battletech should look into. Their mini's seem to have no scale guidelines so some light mechs are almost as big as assault mechs, when they should be quite smaller.