BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Normally such a rule will say whether it's ignored by ITP or not.

Banshees certainly used to have that caveat on their squeal....

Oh lord....all those Witch Elves would also be re-rolling to hit themselves...with poison, and no armour. Such carnage!
    You mean till it takes 3 boltthrowers to the face XD
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Battle of Wills works against shooting attacks.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

This is slightly on the same topic. I've wanted a two thousand point vampire count army that can beat chaos, ogres, and skaven. That's what I will be seeing in a few weeks for a three round 2000 point tournament. All I have right now are ghouls, blood knights, and dire wolves. So I don't have Terrogheists, or any other baddies. I will be playing a 2000 point list tomorrow:

Vampire Lord, Ogre Blade, The Other Trickster's Shard, Dispel Scroll, Red Fury, Quick Blood, Death Knight, Heavy Armor, Nightmare with Barding, shield, Level 1 Lore of the Vampire (451 points)

BSB vampire, Rampaging Standard, Red Fury, Level 2 Shadow, Lance, Heavy Armor, Shield, Nightmare with Barding (300 points)

8 Blood knights with Banner of the Blood Keep, Std. Bearer and musician (495 points)

1 50 man horde of ghouls with champion (510 points)

6 5 man units of direwolves at 40 points each

I have seen warriors of chaos do well at 2000 points with wizard, and I was wondering if it would work with blood knights. If you have any suggestions to handle ogres and skaven, it would be appreciated. The dire wolves are for chaff and redirection while my ghouls and blood knights get off the charges they want.

I am not sure if I can improve the list, or change to accompany other units since the heros and blood knights are a points sink. I either will do really well with it, or go home crying. I think it's one of those armies that's kind of unforgiving.

Brother-Sergeant

The only problem I see is the BSB. You are wasting points to save one wound from CR. VC/TK don't gain any cost benefits for a BSB other than an expensive banner which I would not recommend anyhow. Those pricy banners could be better spent on troops that are more effective. Also I like your 50 block of Ghouls but I'd just drop the Champion. He won't do much good for you. If you have the 10 points on nothing else to spend then do it but otherwise its a waist. As for the blood knights they are a great unit but at the same time expensive. I just don't think 8 will be that useful for the cost. 6 is best. More maneuverable and should you loose them its not 495 points you are loosing. Plus Im' assuming the Vampire Lord is going in there so 8 really is too many. Looks like you want a cav army which is cool. If you can trim some fat and be able to afford Hexwraiths get them.

I'd be interested to see some batreps with these armies. I expect that, in both cases, the basket full of eggs will be shot or magiced off the board before doing anything significant.

Great for a themed or narrative game though.

The Coven Throne is pretty bad, which is a shame because it looks really cool. The chances are shooting/magic will simply wipe it out and it's so many points it's worth throwing a lot at it. Battle of Wills won't save it for long against bolt throwers and has no effect on cannons, doomdivers etc.
    For the points put into it it's also distinctly unthreatening in combat.

Again, great for theme and narrative but pretty sucky.
    Last edited by The_Gonk; 09-06-2014 at 04:56 AM.

I usually prefer larger units and less characters my self, but having a blender lord in a small game will be fun.

It really isn't. People who have trouble using it either suck, or don't play with enough terrain the board which allows war machines and magic to dominate too much. Between Battle of Wills, a ward save, terrain and some fat units to harass war machines you should be able to keep it alive long enough to get it into combat. Cannons are more dangerous. It also does a lot more damage and put a Lahmian theme vampire on it with Beguile, Aura of Dark Majesty etc and it can drop even elite death stars down to a level they can be mauled by skellingtons.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123