BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default VC 1000pt End Times

Just here for the blender lord really:

Vamp Lord
    Ogre Blade, Talisman of Protection, The Other Tricksters Shard heavy armour, barded nightmare, Quick Blood, Red Fury, Fear Incarnate

30 Ghouls
    Crypt Ghoul

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

5 Black Knights
    Full Cmd, barding, lances

It obviously has some weaknesses, take out the Vampire and you're finished but get that Vampire into combat against (almost) anything and it is DED.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Ogre Blade is....+2S, no initiative hit, Quick Blood - ASF, Red Fury - successful wounds generate attacks (not sure if this is indefinite or not?)

Pretty filthy!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Red Fury isn't indefinite no, one extra attack per successful wound but the extra attack cannot generate an extra attack. Still known as blender lords for a reason, 6+ WS 7 S7 ASF I7 attacks that negate ward saves on a 2+/4++. Fear Incarnate is optional but forcing enemies to re-roll successful Fear rolls can certainly screw things up for a lot of units that could otherwise pose a threat. In bigger lists I'd give eht Black Knights The Screaming Banner to make Fear tests even more likely to be lost.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yep, that's pretty tasty!

I reckon old Fatty Ninebellies (my Ogre Tyrant) could stand up to her. Forcing opponents to re-roll wounds when you're already T5 rules. IT RULES!

Not sure if it would fit your points, but don't overlook the Sword of Antiheroes for that combo. +1A per enemy character (which of course includes unit champions) involved in the combat? Think it also increases your strength as well, which is always good for a giggle!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Ogres are one you have to be careful with, possibly better to hit them with the ghouls and used the Vampire to much through other units and then hit the tyrants unit from behind (hur) or the side.

Indeed.

The secret of my success with Ogres is never telling anyone just how vulnerable my big flabby flank is. Horrible things happen when that gets engaged.

Though I don't fancy Ghoul's chances all that much. I get a lot of attacks, and it takes 3 wounds to drop each Ogre.

And we can stomp. Lordy how I love stomping stuff. In the face. Many a challenge has seen the smug expression wiped from my opponents face following a swift kick in the trouser department by way of parting shot! Even if you haven't got manparts, I understand such a kick hurts quite a lot.

Yup, another option would be the dire wolves, they wouldn't last a turn but I guess it woudl give the ghouls and vampire another turn untouched to stab things well up.

Yup.

Though of course, we're not taking into account any sort of Magical doodads in this. Probably the best way to do it. After all, in my experience depending entirely upon getting a certain spell off at the most opportune time is the best way to guarantee you get your face kicked off.

I was thinking in a larger match sticking the Lord on a Coven Throne could be fun. The Throne itself gets a 4++ which makes cannon a little less scary and if you can get the bound spell of which lets you reroll fail wounds or hits even the Ogre tyrants ability wouldn't be quite so terrible. Looks pretty too.

Not to mention mucks about with Ld for extra silly shenanigns.

Impact hits and all I believe (99% it's a Chariot!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast