BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default End Times - Let the rampant speculation begin!

Well, I've just finished Nagash, volume one of The End Times.

Anyone care to speculate on where it will go from here?

I reckon we might see a unified Elven nation, one way or another. All three, fighting as one....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

All three, yes. Fighting as one... not quite. Someone is going to have to draw the Sword of Khaine, I think. Might well be Tyrion, but who can say? We're told there's an Ancient Lie dividing the Elven race - was Malekith the rightful king all along? Did the fires of Asuryan really reject him, or was there a fix...?

The Skaven will have a big part to play, I think.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Well.....regarding the Flames of Asuryan.....worth noting that the Priests normally have to do rituals and that on the would-be Phoenix, and the only Elf to try it without those is Malekith....

Skaven already have. No more Tilea or Estalia! All gone!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Tilea and Estalia is small fry, especially when you know that the Skaven's contribution can range as high as defeating Nagash. What I mean is that their machinations might tip the scales on something very big, not just overrun two small, offscreen nations.

Brother-Sergeant

A Crusade Fleet parks in orbit

Abhorash, immune to Nagash's compulsion on account of the dragon's blood, joins with the Empire and frees Mannfred; the Von Carsteins are reinstated as Elector Counts as a result.

Karl Franz is killed on the battlefield; dying, he names Valthen his successor

The next book will be called "Malekith." The fourth one will be called "Sigmar."

Malus Darkblade kills Hellebron on Morathi's orders and becomes Khainite Pope

Imrik signs on with Malekith to combat the Chaos invasion

The Orcs all band together for a worldwide Waaagh! in book 2 or 3.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    All three, yes. Fighting as one... not quite. Someone is going to have to draw the Sword of Khaine, I think. Might well be Tyrion, but who can say? We're told there's an Ancient Lie dividing the Elven race - was Malekith the rightful king all along? Did the fires of Asuryan really reject him, or was there a fix...?

The Skaven will have a big part to play, I think.
    I would have thought the ancient lie would be Morathi's blatant manipulation of Malekith.

Asuryan clearly wasn't pleased with him, and the Everqueen chose Bel-Shanaar. The only lie I can imagine is that someone lied about what the Everqueen said, but I think she probably would have brought it up the moment it happened.

Who knows how long Tyrion can resist the Widowmaker under these circumstances. He's managed very well so far considering the various perils that have come about, but this one is the biggest rush of problems. If he took the Widowmaker he would cleave through the nasties but at the obvious cost of losing the best warrior in the world.

Also interesting to see what Abhorash does. Also W'soran if he's still about.
    Last edited by Anggul; 09-03-2014 at 02:39 AM.

It's heavily implied by their absence that W'soran and Abhorash are not still around.

There's three candidates for the Sword of Khaine. There's Tyrion, obviously. There's Malekith, naturally. And then... then there's Teclis, isn't there? Interesting.

The Emperor has already been wounded severely in battle, and is now missing beyond the frontline. He's still kicking names and taking ***, though (such a cool short story: Karl Franz is the Emperor of my heart).

W'soran is well deded in the novel Neferata, Abhorash being ded would be new though I think.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I thought Zacharias jobbed W'Soran?

Someone did, I just know Neferata mentioned it at the start of her novel. Forgeet if it happened in the novel later or not.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast