BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

They have no Faction and my Eldar love to cast Guide on the Punisher Gatling gun (24", Heavy20).
    I tried to find the faction reference but couldn't...Could you please post some more details where the No-faction is written as well as where it states that you can cast blessings on a non-battle brothers faction?
    Playing Eldar myself and it can be usefull!!!
    Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    And the battlecannon is nerfed whenever a flying unit is the closest.

Unfortunately that means the punisher variant, which is the basic loadout, is the only viable choice... and it's weak as hell.
    You can't shoot a flier with a Template weapon, so no automatic shooting at fliers. For example you can't shoot at units you can't see as well. So you don't have to.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Geryon View Post
    I tried to find the faction reference but couldn't...Could you please post some more details where the No-faction is written as well as where it states that you can cast blessings on a non-battle brothers faction?
    Thanx!
    Choosing an Army > Detachments > Factions.

"Note that Fortifications are an exception in that, unless otherwise stated on their datasheet, they do not have a faction."

I can't find a quote that supports being able to cast spells on factionless units. I presume he is extrapolating that since all units in a Combined Arms detachment "must have the same faction (or have no faction)" that they default to "friendly" with all factions? But that's a guess.

The levels of alliance rules say they only effect units which "have different Factions". I guess the question becomes: "Does being factionless mean you have a different faction to a unit with a faction"?.

Arguably, they must be friendly, as units can embark in them. And you may only embark on friendly (Battle Brother) transports, and buildings count as transports with regard to embarking.
    Last edited by Ezaviel; 09-18-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    - Ezaviel
    Laudate imperatorem.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Geryon View Post
    Thanx!
    I was just assuming, I guess. But p14 defines 'friendly models' as being 'all models on the same side are friendly models'.
    They Ally matrix has some additional rules regarding Battle Brothers and such, but since it doesn't state anything about Factionless models, I would have to say that they are still friendly.
    It may also go that even if I had two CADs, one Imperial and the other Eldar that any Fortifications taken by both sides would still be friendly to both (Imperial CAD has a Vengeance Gun Battery. It would still be a friendly unit to the Eldar in my 2nd CAD).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123