BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Most Iconic Space Marine Model

Hey all!

I am currently stocking up up my display cabinet and ive just realised I dont have a single marine figure in there at all! Poor show for such a major model range and such a huge part of my hobby in the past.

So I ask you all, what is the most iconic space marine model in existence?! I feel like I need one for the cabinet. But which one?! I do understand its a very subjective thing though.

Rogue trader era, forgeworld, special character, limited edition, primarch, loyalist, traitor? Anything goes. I have a pretty extensive knowledge of the range but any pics of your choices would be appreciated...

So whats it gonna be? Help me choose!
    Last edited by sycorax; 09-03-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Occuli Imperator

- - - Updated - - -

It's all about the mk7 w/ bolter
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's all about the mk7 w/ bolter
    Oh you funny funny man.

There are so many possible choices for the iconic marine it boggles the mind. An easy choice is the 25th Anniversary LE Crimson Fist based upon the original RT artwork. There is also the old sculpt of the Chapter master setting on a throne, the LE model based upon the 2nd Edition box art and on and on...

If I was going to limit my display to one thing I would likely do a Crimson Fists last stand diorama like this one. it's not "one" model but it does represent what is arguably the most iconic Marine artwork.

[url]http://volomir.blogspot.com/2011/01/last-stand-of-crimson-fists.html[/url]
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 09-03-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Occuli Imperator

Obviously I didn't mean the mahooosive one outside GW HQ, what I meant was that the mk7 power armour marine is very iconic.

But yeah the special edition crimson fist, or the BA captain from 2nd ed box
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Obviously I didn't mean the mahooosive one outside GW HQ, what I meant was that the mk7 power armour marine is very iconic.

But yeah the special edition crimson fist, or the BA captain from 2nd ed box
    Yes sir the Mk 7 is pretty iconic and that BA Cap is one cool character. When I think Space Marines I still instantly think of the last stand of the Crimson Fists but that's probably because I started with RT and the original beaky box that used the Crimson Fist cover art. On a side note how in the name of the Emperor do you post a pic like you did here? I can link into my IMGUR pics but I can't seem to get a pic to come up like you did with the BA Cap.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Both of those were the image of space marines for years. If you only want one marine have one of those.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Get one of the bolter guys from the 2nd edition box set.

Go big or go home... [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/IMPERIAL-SPACE-MARINE.html[/url]

or if you just want GW not forge World, Marneus Calgar is always a good pic from the current model line or even warp dust user Drago(if by Space Marines you mean just Space Marines not just Codex: Space Marines)
    Last edited by Aaron LeClair; 09-03-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Default Iconic and display worthy

I have the Iwo Jima (skullz?) in my display case. I can just turn it every now and then for a different chapter to be facing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron LeClair View Post
    Go big or go home... [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/IMPERIAL-SPACE-MARINE.html[/url]
    Holy crap! Id forgotten that! Or rather didnt realise they still sold it.

Its a candidate for sure. Though the cabinet is already full of large items like WM Hyperion Colossal and soon Nagash and the Heresy Miniatures Dragon.

Liking the idea of a bog standard tactical marine. The one of the 2nd ed ones, especially as that was the era I started the hobby in.

What else you guys got up your sleeves?!
    Last edited by sycorax; 09-03-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast