BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

There is of course the Primarchs series from HH, which are pretty awesomesauce.

Or, the variants through the ages:

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Oh I'd forgot the variant armour series from back in the day... shiny.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

First-Captain

For me it's these fellas.

When I got into the hobby, these were the guys I wanted real bad! I now have a few

Chapter-Master

For me iconic is original RT era Mk VI, with boltguns, and spiked left shoulder pad.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Man, I still love me those old Jes Goodwin Terminators. They were the absolute epitome of bada** when I was twelve. The Librarian's Force Axe is still the coolest one ever sculpted, and I love the gothic sweep of the shoulder pads - the way they come to a point at the bottom, rather than a flat edge.

I don't know if there is a most iconic marine though. There are just too many 'classic' looks for them that the exercise seems so completely subjective as to be almost pointless - choose the one you like the most. It'll be the right one.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

My personal choice would be any of the old Sternguard Vet models, the two power fist guys are awesome.

But if it's display case material it would have to be Forgeworld's praetorians for regular space marines, or the Garviel Loken and Abbadon Diorama.

Then of course there's Horus....
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

im with the necromancer on those 1st indominatus termies
    i have tried to convert mine to be as close as possible...... banding on the PF is a lost cause however, but im gonna try again

for iconic, its mk VI all day every day, and early mk VII (metals before they went angular.... think plastic)

modern minis, the limited ed captain is a classic re-sculpt of a classic mini. old tigurius.... calgar.... the BA heroes, old DA captain.. and ultra TBH. ahriman is still amazing, lemartes is nice too (as a chaplain, he is one of the best looking).

im not a big fan of much of the 3rd-5th ed minis for marines.... the plastics robbed the character from the range

Veteran-Sergeant

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99800101003_EmperorsChampionNEW_1.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	11027

The Emperor's Champion, I reckon it is one of the most iconic looking marines.

Librarian

calgar. calgar. calgar.

Librarian

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mkIVcom7.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	11028

This dude makes me think if Arnold the Govenator was in Power Armor,but I'd have to vote on Logan Grimmnar, his third ed. model was extremely cool and stood the test of time like the Daemonhunter metal Terminators.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast