BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How about Brother Artemis, from inquisitor? it's 54mm, so a nice piece to show. The only drawback is that is kind of hard to find

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img3cb99e5f9a73d.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	11045

Death Squad:

Name:	warhammer-40000-фэндомы-art-кра&#10.jpeg 
Views:	208 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	11046

I think this Space Marine is icon :P

Chaplain

For me, its gonna have to be this guy;

Whilst I dislike Ultras, they have been the pinup/vanilla for me for too long. Perhaps I really mean the it this model is a scaled up version of, but its perfect for me. Mk 7- including the helmet- thats important. The helmet also has one of those little gems that used to be common on metal armless marine bodies when I first started. The torso has the angel of death- winged skull. The bolter has an aquilla on it. The knee pad has the bullet hole that we all used to put into our marines when I started. Before weathering was the art it is today.

Dont get me wrong, there's other marine armour I think is cooler, but this is what I think of when someone says marine. This is my default, a mk 7 Ultrasmurf tactical marine.

Name:	99060102057_CypherNEW_01.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	11053

Gotta be Cypher for me.

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    For me it's these fellas.

When I got into the hobby, these were the guys I wanted real bad! I now have a few

I have a box of these which I actually found in a charity shop for £4! Are these the same size as current Terminators? I'm not a 40k player yet but am looking to get into it.

Librarian

They're gonna be a little shorter by a few millimeters and to play as terminators theyll need 40mm bases instead of 20mm but I totally use a few of my 1989 terminators regularly I recommend those warmachine/hordes slotted 40mm bases they make unless you wanna cut their flash tags off their feet

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    They're gonna be a little shorter by a few millimeters and to play as terminators theyll need 40mm bases instead of 20mm but I totally use a few of my 1989 terminators regularly I recommend those warmachine/hordes slotted 40mm bases they make unless you wanna cut their flash tags off their feet
    That's not strictly true, you don't need to rebase.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

You don't have to, but for terminators specifically I always do, sort of a courtesy to avoid any disagreements or fuzziness during deep striking Ive never gotten into it with anybody over it just woulda been a little smoother/less akward situation

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbladder View Post
    I have a box of these which I actually found in a charity shop for £4! Are these the same size as current Terminators? I'm not a 40k player yet but am looking to get into it.
    No they are shorter and less bulky, but great none the less, I sooooo wanted these babies when I was at school, I got in through Space Crusade, so for me, this guy is the Iconic figure for me.

Name:	pic871273_md.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	11062

- - - Updated - - -

oh and £4? you are one jammy sod, I wish I could get a set at that price!

I've just got to settle for several Thunder/Lighting Claw termies from 1995, though I do have two 89's in my collection.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123