BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Default The undying army from hell: Nids 1850

Hey all,

Heres a list I came up with today on the way to work as a thought experiment on what a list that focused taking the idea of returning/ regenerating units to a silly extreme. It looks pretty fun to play actually and could give certain builds a serious headache I think.

HQ:
    Tyrant, LW+BS, HVC, Regen
    2x Tguard

Elites:
    Malanthrope
    Malanthrope

Troops
    3x 10 horms Tsacs
    3x 15 termagants(5 devourers, 10 fleshborers)
    3x warriors (2 deathspitters 1 Barbed strangler)

Heavy support
    Trygon Prime, Regen
    Trygon Prime, Regen
    Tyrannofex, Acid spray, Shredder shards, Regen

Thoughts? It is unbound, but with who I play with we allow that with the basic rule of "don't be a dick"
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

How would you deal with Helldrakes?
    How would it defend against drop pods with Hellfire ammo?

It looks like quite a slow army, both in terms of getting across the table and in terms of playing time....
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Honestly.

Who cares about heldrakes. They kill a handful of gaunts and thats if they even get a good movement position board control has always been their most effective counter. And I have sufficient bubble wrap to not care to much about pods.

And the horms are fairly fast with fleet and +3 to their run rolls.

Furthermore after those trygons show up any of the gaunts killed just come back through the holes right into the opponents lines
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

I love that endless swarm has given a use to the Trygon tunnel. I like the list.

I would be interested to see how useful all of that regeneration turns out to be, it's a lot of points after all. That said if you can get the Malanthropes a decent distance up the board you can have them in range of the Trygons when they pop up, and the shrouded should prevent them from being downed in one turn and give them a chance to use the regeneration.

You're going to have to be careful with bubble wrapping the Malanthropes with your swarm to prevent the drop pod strikes Blood Shadow mentioned, but the same can be said for most armies.

I agree that Helldrakes just aren't much of a concern for Tyranids. Other flyers could be a pain, but adding sufficient anti-air would take quite a few points so it probably isn't worth detracting from the build for it. I suppose you could remove the Tyrannofex and Tyrant Guard to make it a flyrant and add a Crone, but I don't think it's totally necessary.