BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Very happy to see Space Hulk make the rounds again. Having all previous editions I'll nab one for the library and have an excuse to try and round up some new players. IMO this is a great gateway game for 40k. I would also like to see some of the other classic games rereleased but Space Hulk most likely generates the most bang for their bucks.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

bad timing, I wont be able to afford a copy this time round either. GW just need to delay the release to the end of the year
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Librarian

Two more NEW pics from your favourite Tavern xDDDD

[url]http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/rumores-imagenes-definitivas-se.html[/url]

WD cover and the mag index!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	11090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	11091
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

well those terminators are all going to die, they aren't even looking the right way. whoever is controlling them sucks
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

So, yeah, looks like they added a little bit of new stuff. Which those of us who have the "limited edition" won't have unless we shell out $125 for an entire new set, a prospect that is excessively stupid. They could release the extra stuff on the side and make money from those of us who won't buy anything with this release, but that would just be an intelligent business decision based around actually respecting your customers and doing what they'd like, and we know current top management isn't interested in any of those things.

Even better, this is another limited edition!!! So if anyone with an existing set buys a new set to get the new stuff, that's a new player who isn't getting their hands on a copy. And the second-hand scalper market is going to go nuts again.

Well, now I'm pissed, so I'm going to go paint or something to get my mind off of GW giving the shaft to people once again...

Occuli Imperator

£75, hmm,
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    So, yeah, looks like they added a little bit of new stuff. Which those of us who have the "limited edition" won't have unless we shell out $125 for an entire new set, a prospect that is excessively stupid. They could release the extra stuff on the side and make money from those of us who won't buy anything with this release, but that would just be an intelligent business decision based around actually respecting your customers and doing what they'd like, and we know current top management isn't interested in any of those things.

Even better, this is another limited edition!!! So if anyone with an existing set buys a new set to get the new stuff, that's a new player who isn't getting their hands on a copy. And the second-hand scalper market is going to go nuts again.

Well, now I'm pissed, so I'm going to go paint or something to get my mind off of GW giving the shaft to people once again...
    It wasn't limited edition, it was a limited release.

So, you're upset that by releasing this game again, more people will buy it and sell it on ebay? Which will drive down the price on ebay, and more people will have access to the brilliant board game, the secondary market for Space Hulk is already nuts, £200+ for a full unopened copy is the norm, allowing fans to get this game again is respecting the customer, people wanted it and they've delivered it.

The last release of Space Hulk was 5 years ago! GW aren't shafting anyone.

With it coming out again, second hand market will collapse - nobody will want to pay retail, even if it is sealed on Ebay etc.

Plus, it's likely to come out again - this erodes the high resale value, and disinterests the pondscum scalpers, as they won't make quite such big bucks out of being gits.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

But yeah, despite all that, its GWs fault, they're to blame for everything.

Wow, guys, you are so far up the "GW does everything perfect" path (guess that's the one you're walking, eh?) that you assume anyone pointing out flaws is totally anti-GW. I doubt I can have a logical discussion with you, but I'm an optimist, so let's try.

A "limited release" is still a "limited edition." You're playing semantics trying to claim there's a difference. Even more so now that this new release has differences and is, itself, limited, making both limited edition releases of Space Hulk.

I do want more people to have access to the game, which is why I noted that it's a problem if people who have the game already would want to buy the new version to get the new stuff. GW's bean counters won't care because they get the $125 either way, but it means one fewer person out there with the game. So that move actually makes it harder to get more people to have the game.

Further, this new release is, again, a limited edition (note the words "While Stocks Last"). It will likely be snatched up quick by scalpers. While you'd think that the release would hurt the secondary market, that's not the reality. Prices might dip for a brief time, but people will be selling both editions for ridiculous amounts.

It *is* GW's fault that they aren't releasing a side set with the new additions for people who already have the game (they could charge $25, make a ridiculous profit, and it'd still come off as fair to people who have the old edition, because their total price - even if inflation would technically mean it counts a small bit higher - would be the same, $125). It *is* GW's fault that, once again, they're doing a limited version of a popular release, which prevents them from having long-term profits from it and causes the issues with the second-hand market.

They're doing this release to make a quick burst of money to help with their current financial issues, rather than a long-term release that'd be less money up-front but much more over time. Not only is it a bad deal for the gamers, it's a bad deal for the long-term viability of the company, and is another reminder that current management isn't worried about the company making money in the long run, just making money as quick as possible.

I'm glad for all the gamers who'll be able to get Space Hulk again - especially those who are lucky enough to snag it before the second-hand market explodes again (heck, maybe I'll get one just to make a good $100-$200 off of it in a few months, because you guys are totally okay with that kind of stuff). But I'm annoyed it's another move that's not friendly to the gamers and is being done just to shove up a company's extreme short-term revenues.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast