BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Sold out on the UK site. I expected as much.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    My local model shop was allocated 3 copies, that's it.
    Hm. My FLGS claimed they were going to be getting 20+. Maybe I shouldn't cancel my preorder through the website, just in case...

Librarian

They have three expansions in ebook. That's interesting.

I wonder just how much you'd need the 2014 edition for them. I have the 2009 edition, and won't be forking out the money for a couple of extra tiles.

www.GardenNinja.com

Chaplain

The new tiles are in White Dwarf.
    Whilst they don't explicitly say it, they are clearly there for owners of Space Hulk 2009 to scan and use.
    You'll have to scale them up a touch, but what do you want for nothing?

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Sold out on the UK site. I expected as much.
    this is the problem, the bit sellers are the ones with the most money compared to hobbyists, so they snap up all the copies before the hobbyists have any chance of buying a copy, and that is what really stinks abut all of GW's "Limited" releases, us poorer hobbyist who have to wait a month for payday to have the spare funds miss out
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    this is the problem, the bit sellers are the ones with the most money compared to hobbyists, so they snap up all the copies before the hobbyists have any chance of buying a copy, and that is what really stinks abut all of GW's "Limited" releases, us poorer hobbyist who have to wait a month for payday to have the spare funds miss out
    Having worked for one, I know this is not true. Tons of stores preordered their allocations through several distributors, but left the distributors hanging, then that bits store scooped them up ONLY AFTER the stores that ordered them renigged and left the distributors hanging for thousands of dollars of product and made them available after several weeks of sitting on them. Don't blame the bits sellers for the limited cash flow of the FLGS in this particular instance.

Well, there's a fair chance I might miss out. I don't get paid until a week on Tuesday, and my local store thinks he's getting about 15 or so in with his delivery. Numbers are expected to be confirmed later today, or so I'm told.

So you know what? I explained to him that I'm mad for getting a copy, and the above situation. Earliest I can get in store with the readies is Tuesday 24 September, and that involves using up my lieu from work I accrued this week (worked an extra 10 hours, because I'm ace and know when my division needs the extra support).

And he's going to stick one, just a single copy, aside for me. Now I dunno how many of you have a local store, or what your relationship with the store runner is like - but it has to be worth a punt. Customer loyalty swings both ways folks
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    Having worked for one, I know this is not true. Tons of stores preordered their allocations through several distributors, but left the distributors hanging, then that bits store scooped them up ONLY AFTER the stores that ordered them renigged and left the distributors hanging for thousands of dollars of product and made them available after several weeks of sitting on them. Don't blame the bits sellers for the limited cash flow of the FLGS in this particular instance.
    I wasn't refering to FLGS having stock of the damn things, I was refering to GW's webstore, I work in retailing so I am very much aware on store Allocation issues thank you, that effects ALMOST all retail outlets.

What I was refering to, was that Games Workshops website is sold out already, and I personally believe that is how most Bit Sellers get there stock, since GW has in the past tried to clamp down on the parts market* and will most likely NOT sell to KNOWN re-sellers outside of their normal 3rd party selling channels.

*Which IMHO was just shooting themselves in the foot when they scrapped their bitz sellijng, I expect they lost a lot of revenue as a result, of course these days with almost all models in plastic, they can't really sell parts, I just wish they would do the classic bitz in resin instead.

And just to be clear, I do sometimes use bit re-sellers when I need a part to repair or customise a model, I just really dislike some of them who buy up ALL availaible copies of limited products, SOLELY to sell them for parts, it deprives others from buying complete sets at normal retail price.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    What I was refering to, was that Games Workshops website is sold out already, and I personally believe that is how most Bit Sellers get there stock, since GW has in the past tried to clamp down on the parts market* and will most likely NOT sell to KNOWN re-sellers outside of their normal 3rd party selling channels.
    The fact it was limited to 3 boxes per customer makes me think that is what they want; speculators snapping them up. If it was a proper LE release, I'd be expecting 1 per customer, but GW just want to offload as quickly as possible at full RRP.

Yes. By limiting the number you could order to something ultimately quite reasonable they are clearly looking for the speculator market.

Top marks on logic there.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast