BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Few questions about fantasy!

With recent rumors of fantasy I decided to pick up my old army books and remind myself of my factions and rules.
    1. Can you use a halberd and a shield at the same time?
    2. If a lord or hero has a ward save granted by a item does it count for the mount?
    3. Why do people like ungors? Lol i love my beastmen bc of my minotaurs. My gors only ever do very ok at best. Any tips?
    Purge the Weak!

1. Against shooting, yes you get your shield. In combat, no as your Halberd requires both hands (also worth noting that now if you have a non-standard weapon, you *must* use it. So Halberdiers can't switch to hand weapon and shield to get an improved save when it suits them)

2. For your Horsey, yes. Anything else? No. However there may be some Magic Items out there which specifically state they do, but I can't think of any right now.

3. Cheap and cheerful! Nothing wrong with a basic Ungor stats wise.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

2.) It's worth mentioning that unless riding a monster, a mount can never be targeted separately. They're effectively one model and the mounts stats are only used in the case of movement and making melee attacks.

Chapter-Master

1) You can also use the shield save against magic attacks as well as shooting.
    2) If whatever they are riding makes them cavalry of monstrous cavalry, then yes as they are one model and cannot be targeted separately, as Charybdis mentioned. Anything else such as monsters, chariots, screaming bells etc, then no, unless stated otherwise.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    1) You can also use the shield save against ranged magic attacks as well as shooting.
    2) If whatever they are riding makes them cavalry of monstrous cavalry, then yes as they are one model and cannot be targeted separately, as Charybdis mentioned. Anything else such as monsters, chariots, screaming bells etc, then no, unless stated otherwise.
    Extra clarity FTFY.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So a guy on a carnasaur does not transfer his ward save?
    Purge the Weak!

Quite so.

That really saddens me.. I feel like the carnasaur is just gonna get shot by cannons. Not sure if i want to buy one now :/
    Purge the Weak!

Chapter-Master

Yep. Though every monster will get shot by cannons. Though monsters won't win you the game in 8th. They are cool and great for supporting your infantry, but it is ultimately big blocks of infantry and monstrous infantry that will win it for you.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I have always played that a shield can't be used with a two handed weapon, but unfortunately when my opponent said otherwise I couldn't actually find any rule stating that to be the case, or even any rules for requires two hands. so if anyone can give a page ref. I'd be grateful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast