BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ulthwe Supplement rumoured

From Faeit:
    An Ulthwé Strikeforce supplement for Codex Eldar is on the horizon with new plastic Warlocks. GW realizes that Eldar players can and do field many Warlocks as part of the HQ Council, so they are giving this the dedicated plastic multi-part infantry kit treatment rather than offering only one or two single plastic character clam-pack models (which would put a limit on posing options, etc.)

As you know the current Warlock models are very dated, a few of them being Jes Goodwin's "evergreen" sculpts which have stood the test of time since the early 90's. Jes has wanted these classic models to be redone for a long time. The Ulthwé supplement will be the perfect opportunity to release the new kit (which of course will be usable by all Eldar warhosts, not just Ulthwé).

The supplement itself is largely based on Phil Kelly's brilliant Ulthwé Strike Force army list from Codex: Eye of Terror way back in 3rd edition. We can expect the usual background section which will greatly expand on what we know about Ulthwé along with Warlord Traits, wargear, Cities of Death / Stronghold Assault strategems, etc.
    Would like to believe, as always I won't until I see it. Makes a lot of sense, but then good rumour hoaxes usually do.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    From Faeit:

Would like to believe, as always I won't until I see it. Makes a lot of sense, but then good rumour hoaxes usually do.
    Yeah the eeeyore in me can't see this happening. Not until Blood angels and Necrons are done.

That being said, I need to go and paint up all my outstanding warlocks if we're due for some new models soon.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Yep. Hope to be pleasantly surprised but not really expecting it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

would make for a great 1-week release though : supplement book + plastic warlocks. Hope it is true for Eldar players at any rate.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Sergeant

When this comes out (notice the optimism) I will be so happy
    My Ulthwe painted army is patiently waiting for this release.. I have to admit that I am somewhat disappointed with the new psychic phase - maybe this supp could spice things up a bit for Ulthwe.
    I'm also very curious what the black Guardians could get as a bonus? +1ld maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    would make for a great 1-week release though : supplement book + plastic warlocks. Hope it is true for Eldar players at any rate.
    It would also be a good precedent- an easy way to mix up releases with minimal effort- one kit, maybe a clampack, and a supplement with some warlord traits, relics, and a few formations featuring the new model. It would let them fill in some of the missing kits for codices without having to do full releases, and spark interest in older books.

It would let them release models whenever, rather than sitting on them forever waiting for a good release slot, like the plastic Daemon Prince, or the Void Raven.
    Plenty of other kits/supplements they could do if Ulthwe + Warlocks happens-
    Saim Hain + Jetbikes/Shining Spears
    Speed Freaks + Buggy/Trakk
    Tau Auxiliaries + Vespid
    Iron Warriors + Mutilators/Obliterators
    Vanguard Swarm + Lictor/Deathleaper

Can only imagine them doing a supplement for each major craftworld, would be a shame to do one and not the rest.

Just a matter of when.
    http://www.golempaintingstudio.co.uk

I think Iyanden is a hopeful precedent.

Brother-Captain

It would be nice, although I think Warp Spiders and Windriders still need it a lot more than Warlocks.

That said, the fact that there are even less sculpts available now means Warlocks would get variation which they need more than those two. You can hunt for every different sculpt on ebay and that yields enough to have pretty much an entire army's worth of different Warlocks, but not from GW themselves.

I look forward to more Craftworld supplements. Personally I want Biel-Tan but that's purely because I play them, all would be equally valid.

Yeah plus all the currrent warlock sculpts are really nice even if some are a bit teeny, whereas the Windriders (and Shining Spears) really have bad models. Also I think the oldest or one of the oldest GW plastic models left in service?

Biel-tan and Ulthwe would be me my top pics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast