BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

My group now almost exclusively plays 30K as well

Chapter-Master

The Heresy kind of stands on it's own as something more innovative than the "current" 40k universe, which seems more derivative of other things (I dont see anything bad/wrong with this though!) and so may look less interesting for some people.

I myself definitely prefer the Heresy as a setting, I find the technology of the imperium is more appealing and looks a lot better and as I dislike humanoid/bug aliens, there is a lot less of that in the Heresy setting. I could also see how it might appeal to Chaos players that favour specific legions sinde FW actually does unique units, upgrade packs and has made the effort to differntiate them both visualy and rules-wise.

As for the models themselves, I really dig the Mechanicum stuff, the HQ's look really weird. I much prefer the cables dragging along the ground to legs, makes them creepier and weirder imo.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

hmmm that head of that robot mech one with the mounted gun on its back looks the same as a chaos IK
    Last edited by Xaric; 09-06-2014 at 10:38 PM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Librarian

If Thousand Sons are coming, that means Space Wolves are getting closer as well. Yay!!!

Chapter-Master

hurry up with my Riptide pics, don't make me get the beating stick out...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Hmm, interesting, looks like the Solar Auxillia could be following a more British style of organisation- they refer to the flamer unit as a Section. I wonder if they will have Corporals leading squads.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I really hope that I'm not the only one sick of seeing the never-ending line of 30k (a game nobody plays) minis and knights coming out of FW. Seems that FW promised that 30k wouldn't cause a delay or slow down in their existing production lines.
    Well, as someone that has dropped 40k in favor of 30k...I don't see a problem. A majority of FW releases were all ready Marine focused. And pretty much everything 30k can be used in 40k (either as a relic unit or added bits).

That promise was also made when they thought they were only going to do 6 books...
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    oooooooooh The Claw!
    Brings back all sorts of memories of wasted arcade quarters

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    Stoked for more robots, hope they get to my personal favourite the collosus. cool stuff all around in those pictures, that floating tech throne thing looks awesome
    Heck yeah! I can't wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    hurry up with my Riptide pics, don't make me get the beating stick out...
    Seconded! I heard that it was on sale with rules available. Quit with the knights and show us some real mechs!

That said, I am very, very excited to see a Leman Russ with a Volkite main weapon. I think that'll be a purchase on release, and that presumably superheavy tank looks pretty intriguing!
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast