BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default vampire counts 2000 point list

I am considering going to a 2000 point tournament, and I thought out two lists that I am going to play test. Here they are"

List #1

General: Master Necromancer, level 4 Lore of Vampire, Earthing Rod, Talisman of Preservation, Hell steed at 300 points

BSB: Wight Kings, Lance, Shield, Heavy Armor, Skeletal Steed with Barding, Rampaging Banner at 192 points

A horde of 28 black knights, full command, and Banner of the Barrows at 808 points (The General and BSB go in this unit)

A horde of zombies, 100 man unit, with musician, and standard bearer at 310 points

Necromancer, Level 2 Death or Vampire (Not Sure), Dispel Scroll, Opal Amulet, Biting Blade at 150 points. (Necromancer goes in the zombie unit)

6 units of 5 man dire wolves at 40 points each

A total of 2000 points

List #2:

Vampire Lord, Level 2 Lore of Vampire, Red Fury, Quick Blood, Dread Knight, Obsidian Blade, Armor of Destiny, Shield, Nightmare with Barding at 472 points

BSB vampire, Level 2 Shadow, Red Fury, Heavy Armor, Shield, Lance, Barded Nightmare, Dispel Scroll at 285 points

8 Blood Knights, musician, std. bearer with Banner of the Blood Keep at 495 points

1 horde of fifty ghouls with champion at 510 points

6 units of dire wolves with 5 men each, worth a total of 240 points

For a total of 2002 points

Right now, I only have access to one zombie horde, so I can't change List #2 with two hordes of zombies at 100 men each. I have played with ghouls for several years, and I like staying power in combat, and that is something VC core choices don't do well. If I am going to have a tarpit, I want it to have staying power. I am not a believer in having zombie hordes of less than 60 men. You are throwing away points too quickly. Let me know what you think of these lists. I know warriors of chaos can run without magic at 2000 points and do extremely well. So a supped up vampire lord should do well, despite the magic handicap. Let me know what you think of these lists.

Quote Originally Posted by King Chud View Post
    I am considering going to a 2000 point tournament, and I thought out two lists that I am going to play test. Here they are"

List #1

General: Master Necromancer, level 4 Lore of Vampire, Earthing Rod, Talisman of Preservation, Hell steed at 300 points

BSB: Wight Kings, Lance, Shield, Heavy Armor, Skeletal Steed with Barding, Rampaging Banner at 192 points

A horde of 28 black knights, full command, and Banner of the Barrows at 808 points (The General and BSB go in this unit)

A horde of zombies, 100 man unit, with musician, and standard bearer at 310 points

Necromancer, Level 2 Death or Vampire (Not Sure), Dispel Scroll, Opal Amulet, Biting Blade at 150 points. (Necromancer goes in the zombie unit)

A total of 2000 points

List #2:

Vampire Lord, Level 2 Lore of Vampire, Red Fury, Quick Blood, Dread Knight, Obsidian Blade, Armor of Destiny, Shield, Nightmare with Barding at 472 points

BSB vampire, Level 2 Shadow, Red Fury, Heavy Armor, Shield, Lance, Barded Nightmare, Dispel Scroll at 285 points

8 Blood Knights, musician, std. bearer with Banner of the Blood Keep at 495 points

Right now, I only have access to one zombie horde, so I can't change List #2 with two hordes of zombies at 100 men each. I have played with ghouls for several years, and I like staying power in combat, and that is something VC core choices don't do well. If I am going to have a tarpit, I want it to have staying power. I am not a believer in having zombie hordes of less than 60 men. You are throwing away points too quickly. Let me know what you think of these lists. I know warriors of chaos can run without magic at 2000 points and do extremely well. So a supped up vampire lord should do well, despite the magic handicap. Let me know what you think of these lists.
    I'm a bit wary of trying to give too much advice here. I have played against VC but apart from a few daft games not with them. I do think list one will miss punch in the Black Knight unit and is high risk for the Necromancer there. I'd also suggest that in list 2 the Blood Knights would be better as a larger unit of Black Knights.

I strongly recommend you have a look over at [url]http://www.vampirecounts.net/[/url] for some better advice!

Cheers

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by King Chud View Post

List #1

A total of 2000 points

List #2:

I like your Necromancer but being in a Knight unit does make him vulnerable. As for your BSB in undead lists not worth it even for the banner. Any of the VC Knight units don't need anything more than the banner of the Barrows. The Necromancer can fill that void with his augmentation spells. Zombies are awesome! 100 man block? 50-60 is prime. Rather shave off those points for a Corps Cart. If you are going to take a Level 2 Caster make sure you have a plan. If you don't know what you are doing with him take him out and use the points for more troops. Also a biting blade on him is a waist of points rather you take a Ironcurse Icon, has more use. 6 units of Wolves, awesome sauce. Great cheap chaff/redirectors. As for your second list again the BSB is just to me worthless especially with the way you have him tricked out. Why spend 25 more points just to save one wound? I love the ghoul horde, just drop the champ. You don't need him unless you have 10 points you don't know what to do with. Otherwise it's very competitive. Good luck!