BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Armada - pre-order round up.

How do?

So spotted on Facebook feed that [url=http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=2638]Board Game Extras are doing a £66.50 pre-order including shipping[/url] for Star Wars Armada.

Seems they intend to be increasing this price as time goes on, so might be worth swooping in now, particularly as the RRP is seemingly £80 for the starter set.

Not sure when they take the cashmonies though - will see if I can find out.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm still just gonna get it from my FLGS, they usually do me 10% off (Sometimes if there's a newb working I don't get it, and I'm not the type of guy to demand it, I just spend less those trips, ha ha) plus because I work for a local small company I can appreciate that they exist and that they require support.
    On the other hand the Internet is easy and sometimes cheaper (well usually cheaper actually: up here much of that has to do with the strength of our Loonies, Toonies and overall any money that has the Queens face on it). I have also noticed corelations in my spending that make me want to shop local more.

One of the stores I go to, popular one up on Whyte ave has lots of big X-Wing ships left, and hardly a selection for the regular size (If you recall an earlier rant this is the same store where the person working told me they don't make the Falcon or the Slave anymore); I gave them a big ole raspberry because there selection sucked, (well it was more of a come on mang, this is lame) and there is going to be a big shipment from Fantasy Flight come Tuesday!

The more stores stock the game the more people (I mean local people, sorry Germany I don't care if you get more players!) will pick it up to try out. That means a better tournament and random pickup league in my town eh.

Also the Online Store can't see how cool my T-Shirt is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenlak View Post
    Also the Online Store can't see how cool my T-Shirt is!!
    and that is the most important part of the shopping experience after all

i agree though that supporting your local shop is a good thing, to an extent, i got the Tantive IV online because the difference was 25 euros for me (about $35 or 15/20 pounds)
    that's the sort of thing that makes me value my wallet more than supporting the local shop, on regular small ships though the difference is neglible and not really worth the added waiting time to me.

i have basically decided for myself that i would buy every small ship atleast twice from my local game shop before allowing myself to buy it online
    for large ships and the "aces" sets this drops down to once.

this i feel is a nice balance between loyalty to my local game shop and my plastic crack addiction.
    Last edited by Daredhnu; 09-13-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

i have basically decided for myself that i would buy every small ship atleast twice from my local game shop before allowing myself to buy it online
    for large ships and the "aces" sets this drops down to once.
    Well that's basically all you need, great job!

this i feel is a nice balance between loyalty to my local game shop and my plastic crack addiction.
    Me to. I have my FLGS, harder to get too, yet open much later (Red Claw I'm talking about you!) they give me a screaming deal (10% on orders over $150), and they are independently owned, since I work I'm a small local Meat Shop I like to support local too.

The other shop I frequent once every couple weeks (Wizards by the UofA) doesn't have much stock, but there prices are really good and, if you don't go on Monday (The monday guy is a gosh darn garburator, I'm still figuring this shop out but don't go on monday), they will help you and take an order.

My last shop is the most expensive one (most X-Wing ships are $19.99 or $18.99 compared to Wizards at $15.99 to %16.99) but they also have a huge building with rent to pay. I go here (Warp One) for stuff I can't get other places, they have a huge selection of everything (well except X-wing ships seriously low, bro) and the service has greatly improved over the years.

For me Internet leads to more thinking, I mean if I thought about how many little ships I have compared to nice clothes I would have a conundrum. When I take $100 to the plastic crack store I want those ships now!!

How many of you people play at your LFGS or just collect wee ships, lets hear you people!

Word.

Confirmed with boardgameextras pre-orders are paid at the point of order, not despatch.

So yeah, get in quick for a £66.50 delivered Armada.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Brenlak View Post
    Well that's basically all you need, great job!

How many of you people play at your LFGS or just collect wee ships, lets hear you people!
    all i need? most certainly not, my plastic crack addiction needs to be fed constantly :P

i haven't played at my LFGS just yet, mostly just been going over to my friends and playing there or at home.
    currently looking for a more efficient way to transport my stuff, keeping all tokens sorted by type in little plastic bags is not the best way and packing everything post game takes me about 30 to 45 minutes which is rather prohibitive and puts me off from playing unless i get to play all day.

Bait box, easily the fastest way to do it and for when you need to have your stuff handy for a game.

I have 2, one for my cards and one for tokens and moving implements.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredhnu View Post
    all i need? most certainly not, my plastic crack addiction needs to be fed constantly :P

i haven't played at my LFGS just yet, mostly just been going over to my friends and playing there or at home.
    currently looking for a more efficient way to transport my stuff, keeping all tokens sorted by type in little plastic bags is not the best way and packing everything post game takes me about 30 to 45 minutes which is rather prohibitive and puts me off from playing unless i get to play all day.
    Me, I play with my mates, though I have signed up to a local tournament (yes I know. Me, Mr 'competitive comschmetitive!) to meet new players - I'm likely going to get my head kicked in, but hey ho!

As for storage? GW plastic case, because I have them. Tokens all separated by type, and in the plastic zipbags the ships come with. I find this makes it easier once your collection expands. If you've only got 5 or 6 ships, you can realistically get away keeping each ships tokens in a specific bag.

Chaplain

For anyone still looking for Armada and don't mind ordering from Amazon they are listing it at £60 currently

£59.94 on Amazon just now.

Having reinstated my Prime account, I've just ordered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast