BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thanks for the reminder...here's a bit of an update.

The reason there haven't been full on finished pictures...two excuses. One, I had a horrible experience submitting this to the GW Armies on Parade entry, and two, I'm very lazy, and this thing is huge.

So I entered this into AoP. The local GW here has undergone a bit of a change in management, and the new guy completely botched the contest. I had to turn this piece in exceptionally early, then judging was to be on Satruday the 25th of October. I popped by Sunday to see how it did and pick the piece up to take home, only to find he had decided to change the rules and allow voting on it throughout the rest of the weekend. The problem with that is that the store doesn't open back up until Wednesday, so this piece ended up sitting on my local GW table for almost two weeks, while policies and rules changed fluidly as the days went on. The good news is that I placed first. However, I STILL have yet to get my medal. This guy doesn't want to give them out until November 15 for some unknown reason. Total cluster. So, between busting my tail to get it ready for the contest, and having the worst contest experience of my life (despite finishing in first), I honestly had a bit of burnout on the whole thing. I was going to come back and post a picture of the medal and final shots of it, but obviously its still all up in the air at this point. :/

So, the GOOD news is, yes, I actually placed on this piece in a contest. The other good news is that its safe back in my hands, no damage or anything from the time spent there. The bad news is I have no real place to keep it long term, which has led to me having to brainstorm how to photograph it. I ended up bringing it up to my office for the time being, as its the safest place I know of for something this big.

So my plan at this point is to find a way to photograph this here at work, and then hopefully find a way to sell it to somebody that can appreciate the tongue in cheek-ness of it and can easily keep it stored somewhere. Any takers? LOL.

Thanks again to all of you again for taking the time to look at it, and say kind things about the piece. You all make it worthwhile, and get me energized to take on big stuff like this. You haven't heard the last of me.
    Check out the blog of unceasing fun, defiantworkshop.blogspot.com!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by defiantworkshop View Post
    Thanks for the reminder...here's a bit of an update.

The reason there haven't been full on finished pictures...two excuses. One, I had a horrible experience submitting this to the GW Armies on Parade entry, and two, I'm very lazy, and this thing is huge.

So I entered this into AoP. The local GW here has undergone a bit of a change in management, and the new guy completely botched the contest. I had to turn this piece in exceptionally early, then judging was to be on Satruday the 25th of October. I popped by Sunday to see how it did and pick the piece up to take home, only to find he had decided to change the rules and allow voting on it throughout the rest of the weekend. The problem with that is that the store doesn't open back up until Wednesday, so this piece ended up sitting on my local GW table for almost two weeks, while policies and rules changed fluidly as the days went on. The good news is that I placed first. However, I STILL have yet to get my medal. This guy doesn't want to give them out until November 15 for some unknown reason. Total cluster. So, between busting my tail to get it ready for the contest, and having the worst contest experience of my life (despite finishing in first), I honestly had a bit of burnout on the whole thing. I was going to come back and post a picture of the medal and final shots of it, but obviously its still all up in the air at this point. :/

So, the GOOD news is, yes, I actually placed on this piece in a contest. The other good news is that its safe back in my hands, no damage or anything from the time spent there. The bad news is I have no real place to keep it long term, which has led to me having to brainstorm how to photograph it. I ended up bringing it up to my office for the time being, as its the safest place I know of for something this big.

So my plan at this point is to find a way to photograph this here at work, and then hopefully find a way to sell it to somebody that can appreciate the tongue in cheek-ness of it and can easily keep it stored somewhere. Any takers? LOL.

Thanks again to all of you again for taking the time to look at it, and say kind things about the piece. You all make it worthwhile, and get me energized to take on big stuff like this. You haven't heard the last of me.
    Sorry to hear about the mucking around you've been given, but congrats on coming first (hopefully still stands)

Why don't you have a word with Big Red and maybe auctioning it off for charity?

I'm sure BolS has done something like that in the past.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Well, looks like I'm going to dredge this back up one last time!

I last posted a promise for some final pictures...Problem was, the diorama was so big, I didn't have a proper way to photograph it. Until I started doing my Youtube channel, didn't realize the real proper way to showcase it is in video form! I brought it home to enter into another contest this weekend, so while its here, I took full advantage and filmed it.

Thanks for bearing with me for one last post here, but while I had it, I thought I'd take the time and actually show it off properly. Thanks to everyone who commented! Much appreciated! Here's the video, pardon my hoarseness due to allergies:

https://youtu.be/fBTioN8Ustk
    Check out the blog of unceasing fun, defiantworkshop.blogspot.com!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678