BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Occuli Imperator

No, that is fine, I was not as clear as I might have been.

One needs to consider why there is a shortage

is it:
    a) deliberate by GW to create "hype" and "buzz" around a product, (this also feeds exclusivity and may increase future sales as they might sell out quickly)
    or,
    b) a genuine miscalculation by GW

Given that the second resorts in a drop or delayed sales, whereas the first promotes it be that it was planned all along. Which kinda sucks for us as a consumer, but you know these things happen.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by The_Gonk View Post
    There's no issue of systematic silencing here. Opening up a conversation with "**** you" means you're probably an individual best ignored, especially when this is a pattern of behaviour!
    No, there is no silencing here. But personally I think people who leap to defend someone who stole something they admitted they could afford and were willing to pay for are best ignored, but I guess I'm old fashioned.

Edit: Also there are plenty of legitimate reasons why people pirate. Restricted access to drive up prices, unavailability in their country, unnecessary waiting times between broadcast in one country to another, hidden behind pay walls despite sometimes being broadcast freely in the country of origin etc. Little ****s who just pirate something they have access to and can afford simply because they want it now just feed the impression that all piracy is about obnoxious, entitled little ****s stealing stuff they don't want to pay for. So I am not going to be polite to people like that and I'm not going to accept criticism for people who defend people like that.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-11-2014 at 01:02 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    No, there is no silencing here. But personally I think people who leap to defend someone who stole something they admitted they could afford and were willing to pay for are best ignored, but I guess I'm old fashioned..... So I am not going to be polite to people like that and I'm not going to accept criticism for people who defend people like that.
    I didn't defend the OP's actions or piracy, I actually encouraged the OP to buy the product. I criticised your offensive and aggressive posting.

Keep the thread clean of insults and profanity laden outbursts. I will place bans on accounts that ignore my request.

Thank you.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    No, there is no silencing here. But personally I think people who leap to defend someone who stole something they admitted they could afford and were willing to pay for are best ignored, but I guess I'm old fashioned.
    Possible directed at me lol ?
    I just don't think it's a big deal, the OP has already said he will buy the book when it's available. Piracy when it's a source of funding for organised crime I disagree with, but downloading a copy of a "geek book" which he intends to buy later ?

I've read online copies of FW books before I've bought them. I will be damned if I'm spending £50-£70 on a book without being absolutely certain it's what I'm after.

GW / FW make some fantastic products, but they do sometimes drop the ball when it comes to supply and demand.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 09-14-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Possible directed at me lol ?
    I just don't think it's a big deal, the OP has already said he will buy the book when it's available. Piracy when it's a source of funding for organised crime I disagree with, but downloading a copy of a "geek book" which he intends to buy later ?

I've read online copies of FW books before I've bought them. I will be damned if I'm spending £50-£70 on a book without being absolutely certain it's what I'm after.

GW / FW make some fantastic products, but they do sometimes drop the ball when it comes to supply and demand.
    Perhaps, I assumed it was me because I was the one quoted.

If they under-produced I completely get the issue, it's difficult to predict supply and demand. The magic cards being a limited run makes no sense to me at all though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12