BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I had recently listened to Deathwing on a Youtube channel called Grimdark narrator; unfortunately GW got wind of him making narrations of their books and he's had to stop. I do remember, however, very clearly, that it is a direct result of the events told in that story that they start painting their armour bone-white. If memory serves correctly, I think it was to honour the tribespeople that they originated from, who had been subjugated by a Genestealer cult. I think the colour was representative of those who were 'living ghosts' and didn't expect to live through the upcoming battle.

The bonewhite came from a tribal custom the squad followed upon finding the devastation of their people - they covered their armour in the ashes of the fallen.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Does it tick anyone else off when new editions of codexes or new novels show that the authors / editors didn' t read the original material on the subject and thereby totally screw-up the storyline?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by LonewolfRJ View Post
    Does it tick anyone else off when new editions of codexes or new novels show that the authors / editors didn' t read the original material on the subject and thereby totally screw-up the storyline?
    Unless they actually improve it yes. I read somewhere that Dan Abnett didn't know much about the 40k universe before he started writing the Gaunt's Ghosts stories. And now the stuff he's made up for his stories is now canon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234