BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Correct on both accounts.

Silver and Gold armour for Grey Knights was the norm.

And yep, every Crux Terminatus is said to have a fragment of the Emperor's armour within it. Though Terminator armour gets it's 5+ Inv from just being really, really thick!
    Awesome!!! Do you happen to have a reference?
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    The old Dark Eldar codex mentioned that some Kabalites actually do have psychic talents comparable to their Craftworld brethren, despite it being widely assumed that the whole race is incapable of it. But those that manifest them keep that knowledge tightly to themselves because being outed as a psyker automatically sentences one to being handed over to the haemonculi.

I think there was a reference to that in Lady Malys' tale, since her rivals suspect she may be and if they could prove it (or plausibly frame her for it) it'd be a quick way of getting rid of her.
    The 3 major books (Path of the Renegade/Inccubus/Archon) made it clear that they are still psychic but supress it. Craftworlders also supress their potential and only learn to re-utilize it when they trod on certain paths (Path of the Seer/Warrior/Outcast)

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    The 3 major books (Path of the Renegade/Inccubus/Archon) made it clear that they are still psychic but supress it. Craftworlders also supress their potential and only learn to re-utilize it when they trod on certain paths (Path of the Seer/Warrior/Outcast)
    That's pretty cool!

Will need to track down copies of the Dark Eldar Path books.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Initiate

Hello Mr Mystery

The issue was WD260 page 98 the story is called the Cursed Founding by Graham McNeail. I remember it vividly from when i was younger and still read it on a regular basis.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

I certainly remember gold grey knights in white dwarf. I'd thought the invulnerable save came from the crux terminatus too, I thought I'd seem it called a crux terminatus save somewhere years ago.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Occuli Imperator

I thought so too, might need to go a trawling through the old books
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Can someone point me to the hiding place of the original Deathwing Native American lore? I found a digital copy years ago but seem to have misplaced the pdf and a google search turned up very little.
    That would be the "Deathwing" short story/ collection. It's been reprinted a few times. The original deathwing were from one of the planets that the DA replinish from.
    Last edited by evilruss; 09-12-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    The 3 major books (Path of the Renegade/Inccubus/Archon) made it clear that they are still psychic but supress it.
    The books also mention that there actually is a pysker fringe in the Outer Realms of Commorragh (or at least there was in Shaa-dom, which is the pick-up point for the whole cycle)

There is also a fluff bit in the 5ed Codex about events around 248.M41 that can be interpreded that an Archon harboured psykers to summon daemons by way of an undiscolsed ritual

Quote Originally Posted by PGTipMonkey View Post
    Hello Mr Mystery

The issue was WD260 page 98 the story is called the Cursed Founding by Graham McNeail. I remember it vividly from when i was younger and still read it on a regular basis.
    Ace! Cheers dude!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

taking a look back through the White Dwarf Issue 112 when Termies were first introduced, it's interesting to note that the Dark Angels had a black colour scheme for them as well, it seems it was several months later when they introduced the Bone White colours for the Deathwing.

on a side note, it's interesting to see that Forge Worlds favourite Marine sons the Red Scorpions were around so early... the epic article mentions them
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast