BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

I once tried a double hemlock list with lots of pinning units back in 6th, and it wasn't too overwhelming.. I did win, but barely. (it just doesn't go off as much as you would expect from a dedicated pinning list)
    I was thinking of trying it again in 7th now when terrify reduces ld by 1, but since snipers don't pin anymore i gave up on that idea for now.

For low armour, units / armys trying to get in to close combat pinning is an essential tool. If you are using Orks or Tyranids overwatch can be devastating especially if your opponent had multiple flamers in their units. With the poor saves Orks and many Tyranids effective overwatch can stop a charge dead or kill so many models that the unit that makes it in is no longer combat effective. With armys with good saves this is less of a problem so I doubt space marine players will have much use for it, but for Orks it can be a game changer. The trick for me is to have plenty of units with the pinning ability and to target where you use it wisely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12