BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

via Warseer's [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?401269-Chaos-Endtimes-Mk-II&p=7297547&viewfull=1#post7297547"]Thorin [/URL]10-22-2014

End Times II Plot Details
    Glottkin:
    -3 brothers, Ghurk (Beast), Ethrac (Sorcerer), Otto (Warlord)
    -Biggest kit yet for all Chaos armies, might be bigger than Nagash
    -2 head/hand options for Otto, aka helmeted/unhelmeted and holding a severed head/his own entrails
    -The brothers are NOT conjoined
    -Fluff: As their parents, peaceful Norscan farmers,were murdered by imperial troops, the three wanted to take revenge and took up their respective equipment, aka Scythe and Wizardry/Healing. Mutating into a giant-sized beast was just an addition for Ghurk.
    -The 3 nails put through a lot of stuff as already seen on the Maggoth Lords is the Glottkin's symbol
    -They're Archaon's "scouts" and were sent to kill Karl Franz and destroy Altdorf
    -No rules in the WD for them, sadly

Chaos:
    -Archaon still doesn't take action but rather sends Glottkin and Valkia to do his dirty work in the Empire/Naggaroth

Empire:
    -New High Patriarch is called GregorMartak
    -Karl Franz is alive and has new rules in the Glottkin book, he's called somehthing along the lines of "The ascended Karl Franz" and can resurrect from the dead if killed in-game, though no word's given on how often. In another fluff text, he's called the "Mightiest fighter of the Forces of Light". Make of that what you wish.

Bretonnia:
    -Louen Leoncoeur is alive! Yes you read that right. He lives and now serves as a vassal to Gilles le Breton

Timeline:
    -The Glottkin book spans over half a year, from spring 2525, when Nagash is awoken and sends out his Mortarch Vlad to help the Empire, up to autumn 2525 and concludes in the attack on Altdorf, which happens at about the same time as the defeat of Settra at Nagash's hands and the downfall of Nehekhara. Basically the stories of "ET: Glottkin" and "ET: Nagash" are parallel.

ET: Glottkin contains rules for a new game style called "Streets of Death" and includes rules for fighting in cities, e.g. Altdorf and Marienburg. Manning barricades and destroying buildings are just 2 features mentioned that come into play during the BatRep (which the Good Guys win actually).

Also,there seems to be a new "Dominance of Chaos"-table in the Glottkin book that comes into effect during the Magic Phase, as it directly influences the winds of Magic in Chaos-y ways. The example from the BatRep was called "Oh Glorious Decay".
    The Limited Edition is only available in English and has a new magnetically closed case.
    Last edited by Bigred; 10-22-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Hmmm much heartening. ....mmmm wood elves.....hmmm must resist fantasy....what's the fsntasy equivalent of 750 pts for fantasy?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

This probably was asked before but is whole 'End Times' a scenario that GW made to breathe life back into the game like Storm of Chaos was? Or are they planning to end WFB in general with a final bang? As long as GW makes money I don't think they would end anything but how much money do they make with Fantasy these days?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

we have no idea,because according to GW market research is for Nubs
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

GW really don't research their market? They have worse managment than I thought. Also why would they update army books for armies (WE, DE, upcoming maybe Brets etc.) if they were ending the game? Makes no sense, but then GW's actions don't make much sense these days.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Hmmm much heartening. ....mmmm wood elves.....hmmm must resist fantasy....what's the fsntasy equivalent of 750 pts for fantasy?
    Probably around 1,000. To my mind, that's about the smallest game you can play and it still be worthwhile. It's also fairly easy to get up to in terms of points (Batallion and a character, plus a beasty/artillery typically).

And yes. JOINS US PRECIOUS. Warhammer is ace!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Melons
    This probably was asked before but is whole 'End Times' a scenario that GW made to breathe life back into the game like Storm of Chaos was? Or are they planning to end WFB in general with a final bang? As long as GW makes money I don't think they would end anything but how much money do they make with Fantasy these days?
    Rejuvenation I'd say. All the doom and gloom about armies being 'squatted' has no evidence to support at this point. Undead Horde still requires the Tomb King and VC book for full mix and match, but you don't need both.

Any changes are likely to be background only I'd reckon, and I very much suspect that End Times is the new status quo, and we won't really see an overall resolution. Essentially, its bringing Warhammer up to 40k's 'two minutes to midnight' setting. There is hope, but it's more about who is going to lose the least, rather than who is going to win
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Any changes are likely to be background only I'd reckon
    Not necessarily. The rules for army composition were just made official as the new rules for all games of WFB (most recent WFB rulebook FAQ lists errata for army comp using the new rules; also adds the Lore of Undeath as a lore all Wizards can use). The single stat line for characters on monsters is also a possible portent of upcoming changes to how characters riding monsters work. WFB9 is about due, and it's very possible that End Times is making some changes leading into WFB9 so people are used to a modified set of rules.

Either way, it's already providing plenty of new ways to play games. I really want to try the rules in Nagash for fighting in "dark" areas, and the concept of fighting in a city sounds fun, especially if they release more buildings so we can set up a proper "city" (or even village!) at the local GW store.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Melons View Post
    Or are they planning to end WFB in general with a final bang?
    Doubt it. Molds for plastic models are incredibly expensive, they wouldn't be investing so much in a game they were about to end.

Chapter-Master

I don't think any rumour has ever suggested that they are planning to pull the plug on Warhammer. End Times has made it the most popular it has been in years, why on earth would they invest so much time and money only to end it? That is a ridiculous idea.

Also, Karl Franz ascendant has made me very excited! Hopefully he's the avatar of Sigmar or such like. Time to blow the dust off my Empire me thinks.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS.

Reliable source informs me the Glottkin book will be Limited Edition.

As such, I shall be keeping a beady eye on the GW website to ensure I get mine ordered.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast