BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I stand corrected. I'm surprised the model has gone then, I thought they were still selling the ones they had rules for.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Fly Lord

End Times III Teaser:

Over 6,000 years ago an Elven prince was denied his birthright. Now he seeks to reclaim it. The bloodiest, most tragic war of the End Times is about to begin. Be here on Saturday the 22nd of November to find out more.
    And the "secret text"
    The flames await the phoenix, but the dragon stands against him.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Interesting, I like how they talk up the High Elves by saying they are the only ones actually doing well against the Daemon incursion. The fact that Malekith is now planning to take the Phoenix Throne for himself implies that it was Morathi that Teclis was in league with the whole time, unless either this is part of the plan or Malekith has betrayed Teclis.

As to what the "secret text" means, I have no idea. The Flames of Asuryan that properly judge and crown a new Phoenix King are probably what this refers to, but the second sentence implies the "Phoenix" is a person. It is possible this is referring to Tyrion seeing as he is effectively the new Phoenix King seeing as Finubar is missing and the Phoenix Guard all bowed to him in silent salute. The "Dragon" is more than likely Malekith. Of course, there are a lot of possibilities for both. The "Phoenix" could be Asuryan himself, and the "Dragon" could be Khaine - though I don't think I've ever seen Khaine referred to as a Dragon - which would fit with the "Gods Perish" title. Heck, the "Dragon" could refer to Indraugnir and the "Phoenix" could refer to Aenarion - who knows! Maybe the "flames" is in reference to the Widowmaker (the embodiment of Khaine - i.e. war - which is commonly associated with fire) and the "Dragon" could be Imrik (who is leading Caledor in a rebellion) while the "Phoenix" is Tyrion trying to claim the only weapon that could stop Nagash and the forces of Chaos.

Speaking of "Gods Perish", the image of Khaine hints at whichever conflict this God dies in involving Khaine. Whether Khaine is the one that dies or not remains to be seen; that he is the likely name of the book means little given the fate that befell the Glottkin in the second End Times book.

Very interesting!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Caledor - Caledor is being a big sulky face at the moment.

I reckon the Phoenix is Malekith - about to rise from the ashes, and Caledor being all difficult about it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Now to spend the next couple of weeks worrying about whether or not they end up killing off Hellebron, Morathi and wiping out the witch elves or something ridiculous like that.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Caledor - Caledor is being a big sulky face at the moment.

I reckon the Phoenix is Malekith - about to rise from the ashes, and Caledor being all difficult about it.
    Caledor? Don't you mean Imrik? Caledor is trapped in the Vortex and has been for an eternity, Imrik is the current leader of the Caledorian rebellion.

Malekith is not the true king, though, so the "Phoenix" surely wouldn't be him. The fact that the Phoenix Guard bowed to Tyrion attests to this. Unless Malekith actually gets burned to death this time!

eldargal, I wouldn't worry about it; if the book is called "Khaine" as pretty much everyone attests to, the Witch Elves are going to be out in full force and at their peak! Of course, I can't speak for Hellebron and Morathi.

- - - Updated - - -

From Warseer, some points to focus on in the trailer; I actually agree with the assumptions here.

Originally Posted by Hannimar via Warseer

Art at 0:08
    - look to the skies on the left side of the picture. Khaine battling Asuryan?
    - I think we can see Alith Anar on the cliff to the left.
    - clearly three Elven races are at war against each other.
    - centre-right. Is that Tyrion dueling against Malekith? Their helms look right, but Tyrion's sword doesn't look like Sunfang.

Art at 0:19
    - Allarielle, Alith Anar, some shadow warriors and...?
    - Who are those Elves shown on the far right picture? Clearly we have an Asur, Asrai and Druchii.
    - Malus, Imrik and some Wood Elf plotting against their rulers?

Art at 1:00
    - Malekith/Tyrion draws the Widowmaker or...
    - Khaine is shattered into pieces like in 40k and new shrines arise where Elves can pray for the Avatar to lead them at times of war? (more $$$ for GW)
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

Originally Posted by Felwether via Warseer

New WD just landed in. The book contains rules for characters including Malekith, Tyrion, Imrik, some chap called the Eternity King and The Avatar of Khaine.

Apparently there are "amazing changes to how magic works in the End Times" and it looks like each lore gets a new spell, there's a preview in the magazine but I don't have time to type it out now.

So no new models, but updated rules for current characters. The fact that Imrik finally has rules again is awesome, as is "Exalted/Empowered/Ascendant" rules for Tyrion and Malekith - the artwork and story implies these two are going to duke it out for the Phoenix Throne, so that will be sweet. I have no idea who the Eternity King is, it is quite possible this refers to whoever ends up winning out of Malekith and Tyrion (remember, no new models with this release, meaning it has to be an existing model) which given what I just put in brackets is almost definitely the case, actually. But....rules for the Avatar of Khaine.....oh my god, but no new model....I FINALLY HAVE A REASON TO BUY THE FORGE WORLD AVATAR, YESSSS!

I can only imagine how powerful these characters will be. Imrik and Malekith will presumably both be riding their respective Dragons and be this release's "Mortarch" or "Maggoth Lord" equivalents, with Tyrion rounding it out albeit mounted on a giant horse (Malhandir). The "Eternity King"....no idea, honestly. It could even be Caradryan for all we know, or a "you may use the Loremaster of Hoeth model to represent Caledor Dragontamer" situation. No clue, the rules could be anything. The Avatar, presumably they want you to use either the statue from the Cauldron of Blood kit, the Forge World one or the current Eldar version. I'm assuming the Avatar will be this book's Nagash and Glottkin equivalent, and seeing as Khaine doesn't deal with magic, we can assume he should be the most powerful combat character in the game - surpassing even the new Karl Franz Ascendant, most likely. Rules probably in the 10s for the most part with a lot of 7s/8s/9/s thrown in, assuming he has the Widowmaker.

A good theory someone pointed out on Warseer again is that Malektih becomes the Avatar of Khaine by drawing the Widowmaker, and Tyrion becomes the Eternity King by passing through the Flames of Asuryan. This would explain why they both have regular (but updated) profiles for when they are still fighting each other as mortals, and then with new profiles for when they are possessed by their gods. It would explain why the artwork in the trailer seemingly features Asuryan and Khaine battling each other.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 11-17-2014 at 05:41 AM.
    Check out my blog!

Here's hoping for a new Avatar model.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Eternity King.....

Mr Mystery has £5 on Tyrion and Malekith scrapping it out, and both falling into the flame, where they are fused together into a single being.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Eternity King.....

Mr Mystery has £5 on Tyrion and Malekith scrapping it out, and both falling into the flame, where they are fused together into a single being.....
    No new models (and yes that is confirmed) though means it surely has to be a character with an existing model.

I actually think it is that theory posted on Warseer.

Aenarion was an "Avatar" of two gods - as the Phoenix King, he represented Asuryan, but by drawing the Widowmaker, he embodied Khaine.
    Malekith tore Ulthuan and the entire Elven race apart because of his bitterness, hence he becomes the Avatar of Khaine by drawing the Widowmaker.
    Tyrion, while still cursed by Khaine, becomes the Eternity King by passing through the Flame of Asuryan - the Phoenix Guard bowed to him for a reason.

This would give us not one but two super-powered characters, and we can assume that the updated rules for Malekith and Tyrion will make them super-powerful as well even while they are still "mortal" if this theory holds. Imrik and Malekith are both on Dragons with their current official models though, say hello to five 800+ point characters (assuming Tyrion gets a big buff).
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 11-17-2014 at 05:54 AM.
    Check out my blog!

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast