BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    In general we view the rumormill as entertainment. People love it, but in general you can break it down into 3 categories:

1)"White Dwarf Info" from the upcoming issue - 100% accurate. Once you are within 1 week of WD's release date it is in the mail system globally - so stuff will always get out.

2)"Old-Guard Rumormongers" The oracles like Harry, Hastings, and 1-2 others that are 100% accurate and often get stuff right 6+ months out. These guys pop up rarely and don't get the exact scheduling correct. They are however rarely incorrect about the details of upcoming products.

3) The Loony Bin - Everything that is not the above categories. These are entertainment pure and simple. Rumor reverb, hoaxsters, 3-4th hand info, "a GW manager told me" and the occasional correct gem. Caveat Emptor.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence ..... BUT ....
    I just need to correct you a little bit.
    Hastings dealt in facts ... he was correct 99% of the time.
    I have always death in scraps of information that I try and put together like the pieces of a jigsaw ... except I am missing most of the pieces and have no picture to work from.

As a result their are some solid facts .... (I didn't just pluck "The End Times" and Glotkin out of thin air) but their is also an awful lot of guesswork based on incomplete information.

Anyone buying or selling armies based on anything I have to say is on dodgy ground.

But what I make of the scraps I have picked up is that the next edition will be based in the post 'End times' Warhammer world ... with the timeline advanced a good bit and after much of the world and the people as we know them have been wiped away.

However, the whole thing about combined armies into a few books could all be scraps of info about the End times books we are seeing now and Warhammer in the future will continue as if none of this has ever happened. Like it did after the Storm of Chaos.

Either scenario fits the scraps of info I have been talking about for the last 18 months.

Even the Chaos Vs Humans box set. Could be the next edition. Could be some sort of 'End Times' box set.

What do I know? Remaining firmly stuck between the old guard rumormonger and loony bin catagory as I am.

And I totes owe you an apology dudes.

Sorry for not having faith
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

Well Harry, I think the custom title of "LoonyMonger (emeritus)" may be a perfect fit

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Ugh now I gotta go start a Glottkin army...

Veteran-Sergeant

Not a Large Target...

What the hell?!

Fly Lord

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative"]Karl Franz Ascendant[/URL] rules doing the rounds!

Wow - he's a killer! Almost the polar opposite than Glottkin. Flying and high initiative!

His weapon is a nasty piece of work:

The Essence of Gal Maraz:
    "Magic Weapon, Hits from the Essence of Ghal Maraz wound automatically with no armour saves allowed. In addition, Wounds caused by the Essence of Ghal Maraz have the Multiple Wounds (D3+1) special rule."
    Last edited by Bigred; 10-30-2014 at 12:45 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative"]Karl Franz Ascendant[/URL] rules doing the rounds!

Wow - he's a killer! Almost the polar opposite than Glottkin. Flying and high initiative!

His weapon is a nasty piece of work:

The Essence of Gal Maraz:
    "Magic Weapon, Hits from the Essence of Ghal Maraz wound automatically with no armour saves allowed. In addition, Wounds caused by the Essence of Ghal Maraz have the Multiple Wounds (D3+1) special rule."
    Karl has always had Gal Maraz.

Hasn't had 10 attacks before, and Ghal Maraz does an extra wound (used to just be D3).

Man, looks like he might be able to give Nagash a run for his money. And I'm certainly beginning to see how Sigmar was able to chin Nagash in the first place!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    Karl has always had Gal Maraz.
    not true..... currently it is used by Valten

Chapter-Master

Fluff wise yes. Rules wise, Valten has the option of taking it, you could field him without and still field Karl Franz with it. Besides, this is the essence of the hammer, he may not have the actual hammer but some sort of manifestation of it. He has clearly been possessed by Sigmar with those stats, so who knows what is going on?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast