BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

OK time for some serious speculation about the Khaine: End Times book!

If, as some have suggested, GW are intending to merge the races down into combined races of Elves, Humans etc rather than multiple factions (following the pattern of the Undead Legions and the absorption of Kislev into the Empire) then maybe Tyrion is going to draw the sword of Khaine at some point. This could quite possibly be a result of the death of the Everqueen Alarielle during the daemon invasion of Ulthuan. Many of the Asur have opposed the drawing of the Sword of Khaine so potentially there is a fight between Prince Imrik and Tyrion when he goes to take the sword resulting in Imrik's death. With the Sword of Khaine drawn Tyrion is able to defeat the daemon invasion and become the new Phoenix king. In the meantime Malekith and Morathi are fighting the forces of Valkia the Bloody who has been sent by Khorne to destroy Morathi given her secret place at the head of the cult of Slaanesh in Naggaroth. The Druchii triumph but not before Morathi is forced to reveal herself to be the leader of the cult of Slaanesh to Malekith. This results in a split between them which forces her to flee Naggaroth. That would allow GW to merge Morathi and the Druchii cult of Slaanesh into the wider Chaos book (allowing them to make Chaos Elf characters as well as creating a strong elf theme for Slaneesh).

Tyrion now the Phoenix King of Ulthuan follows the call of the sword of Khaine and leads the Asur armies to war in Naggaroth resulting in a showdown with Malekith. Malekith is killed but not before he is able to unleash a second Sundering in an attempt to destroy Ulthuan and Naggaroth. In order to stop the vortex unraveling Teclis is forced to follow in the foot steps of Caledor Dragontamer adding his power to the existing trapped mages but trapping himself in the vortex as a result. This stops the vortex unraveling entirely but not before Ulthuan is totally devastated and Naggaroth is almost entirely destroyed. With Malekith dead and Morathi fled Tyrion takes control of the remaining elves of Naggaroth effectively reuniting the Asur and Druchii under the banner of Khaine.

With Ulthuan and Naggaroth destroyed or almost entirely uninhabitable a more vicious and cruel Tyrion (having been influenced by the sword) then leads the reunited elves in an exodus from Ulthuan back to the Old World in an attempt to re-claim their lost colonies. This would effectively eliminate Bretonia while bringing them into close proximity with the Asrai. Potentially you then get a show down between Orion and Tyrion (effectively a fight between the Avatar of Khaine and the Avatar of Kurnous) resulting in Orion's destruction by the Sword of Khaine and with Ariel becoming the new Everqueen. That effectively merges Druchii, Asur and Asrai into one new elf faction.

I'm not denying that's some major speculation but this sequence of events doesn't seem impossible or even improbable with a few differences. It would certainly fit the description of annoying people about breaking some of the established lore.

Daemon-Prince

Well if they kill Valkia i can see Eldargal going on a killing spree.......
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Today's hidden message is not looking good...

Three there will be: three armies, three lords, three brothers. Three cities will fall, three heroes will die.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by HansRichter View Post
    Today's hidden message is not looking good...
    For who though this time? That could apply to Elfs,Humans and chaos :P
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Well if they kill Valkia i can see Eldargal going on a killing spree.......
    Having her 'killed' would be fine, it's happened before. Having her permanently destroyed will piss me off. Bumping off Morgiana and Aliathra etc. isn't a really big deal but if they start bumping off the few female SCs some armies have I will be pissed off. There is already a huge imbalance in gender with characters in WFB and they have an opportunity to rectify that by having female characters step up and get **** done during the End Times but my worry is they will make it worse.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Alarielle isn't on Ulthuan. She's in Athel Loren at the moment, so even if Daemons do assault Ulthuan, she isn't going to get jobbed. But, her Bloodline is currently stymied, seeing as her only daughter was sacrificed to ressurect Nagash.....

Still reckon we'll see an Elven Nature deity coming up from the Oak of Ages.

Morathi? I think it's her that's going to do Malekith in. She may be largely loyal to him, but has a thing for Tyrion - seeing him as her ex reincarnated. And I suspect she's manipulating Teclis into supporting the drawing of the Widow Maker - and will do something to replace Tyrion's soul with whatshisface.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    It is a breath of fresh air into the WFB world. I've been tempted to get back into the WFB setting for a while now and this might just pull me back in... I have a bit of 40k fatigue so a break would be nice.
    It's been fun to try new stuff, but some people aren't as quick to revel in the new, because it's also unexpected for them. I've had a lot of fun with the Undead Legions, but people aren't used to things like the General's death not signaling the doom of an Undead army, or Vampire Counts models in a non-aligned army (threw a wrench in a Triumph & Treachery game), or seeing the Lore of Nehekhara go nuts on combined Undead. That's to say nothing of their disliking the idea of 50% Lords.

Thankfully, those situations are in the minority, and you can talk people down from going nuts with them, but it's fair to watch out for people who aren't expecting how all this new stuff messes with the game.

But yeah, the Undead Legions list is what really pulled me back into playing more WFB, wanting to model a lot of WFB, and dropping a load of money on WFB models. I'm trying not to go nuts with Chaos when they release the combined army, but it'll be cool to at least mix my Daemons and Beastmen. I'm thinking that we might also see Daemons being run without the crazy magic roll chart, too, since Chaos is more "stable" with the massive invasions, and that'll throw some people off.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Locke66 View Post
    OK time for some serious speculation about the Khaine: End Times book!

If, as some have suggested, GW are intending to merge the races down into combined races of Elves, Humans etc rather than multiple factions (following the pattern of the Undead Legions and the absorption of Kislev into the Empire) then maybe Tyrion is going to draw the sword of Khaine at some point. This could quite possibly be a result of the death of the Everqueen Alarielle during the daemon invasion of Ulthuan. Many of the Asur have opposed the drawing of the Sword of Khaine so potentially there is a fight between Prince Imrik and Tyrion when he goes to take the sword resulting in Imrik's death. With the Sword of Khaine drawn Tyrion is able to defeat the daemon invasion and become the new Phoenix king. In the meantime Malekith and Morathi are fighting the forces of Valkia the Bloody who has been sent by Khorne to destroy Morathi given her secret place at the head of the cult of Slaanesh in Naggaroth. The Druchii triumph but not before Morathi is forced to reveal herself to be the leader of the cult of Slaanesh to Malekith. This results in a split between them which forces her to flee Naggaroth. That would allow GW to merge Morathi and the Druchii cult of Slaanesh into the wider Chaos book (allowing them to make Chaos Elf characters as well as creating a strong elf theme for Slaneesh).

Tyrion now the Phoenix King of Ulthuan follows the call of the sword of Khaine and leads the Asur armies to war in Naggaroth resulting in a showdown with Malekith. Malekith is killed but not before he is able to unleash a second Sundering in an attempt to destroy Ulthuan and Naggaroth. In order to stop the vortex unraveling Teclis is forced to follow in the foot steps of Caledor Dragontamer adding his power to the existing trapped mages but trapping himself in the vortex as a result. This stops the vortex unraveling entirely but not before Ulthuan is totally devastated and Naggaroth is almost entirely destroyed. With Malekith dead and Morathi fled Tyrion takes control of the remaining elves of Naggaroth effectively reuniting the Asur and Druchii under the banner of Khaine.

With Ulthuan and Naggaroth destroyed or almost entirely uninhabitable a more vicious and cruel Tyrion (having been influenced by the sword) then leads the reunited elves in an exodus from Ulthuan back to the Old World in an attempt to re-claim their lost colonies. This would effectively eliminate Bretonia while bringing them into close proximity with the Asrai. Potentially you then get a show down between Orion and Tyrion (effectively a fight between the Avatar of Khaine and the Avatar of Kurnous) resulting in Orion's destruction by the Sword of Khaine and with Ariel becoming the new Everqueen. That effectively merges Druchii, Asur and Asrai into one new elf faction.

I'm not denying that's some major speculation but this sequence of events doesn't seem impossible or even improbable with a few differences. It would certainly fit the description of annoying people about breaking some of the established lore.
    It is so very wild speculation. They haven't 'merged' the undead. You can take a combined force of them if you wish, but both armies and their books still very much exist as separate entities. In fact, you need to buy both books for the rules. I would expect that pattern to continue in the End Times; you have the option to field combined armies but it is still more than possible for the purists to field their forces separately. Doing otherwise just limits sales.

As for Kislev being merged into the Empire, at no point in Nagash did that happen.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    As for Kislev being merged into the Empire, at no point in Nagash did that happen.
    Kislev was actually just pretty much wiped out, right? That's the sense I got from it.

I can see the remnants being merged into the Empire, but in game terms that would be - just like the Undead and Chaos armies - harkening back to the way it used to be, when Kislev Horse Archers and Kislev Winged Lancers were actually in The Empire army book. I'd love to see those units make a return with new models. Throw in some Halflings in the Empire, and between that and the combined armies, I'd be feeling an overwhelming sense of nostalgia.

Sadly, people do have a slight problem with using old models to represent units... (Hey, it's not my fault the original Screaming Skull Catapults were that small!)

Kislev has fallen, but it is not necessarily destroyed - Kinslayer really helps to show what's going on in the North at the moment.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast