BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Why Tyrion? He's the good guy as far as I see.

I hate Malekith and Teclis...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Tyrion has always annoyed me.

And this time, Malekith apparently has the Everqueen, and thus the spirit of Ulthuan onside, meaning Tyrion is being a dick!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I suppose we'll see.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Daemon-Prince

In the end Alith Anar wins XD
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Fly Lord

pic via [URL="http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/11/warhammer-kkhaine-immagini-da-white.html"]L'Astropate[/URL] 11-18-2014

OK, so here are the tidbits revealed regarding the Elven Rhana Dandra (Their final battle)

- Ulthuan is under attack by a Daemonic Horde

- Naggaroth is under siege by Valkia's Khornate Hordes.

- The Phoenix King is assassinated!

- Malekith decides to abandon Naggaroth and invade Ultuahn in one last chance to claim the throne - with plenty of secret allies and double-dealing along the way.

- Tyrion breaks under the pressure of defending Ulthaun , the betrayal of friends and family loss, and turns to the Widowmaker in an act of desperation. (Queue ominous music)

And the final Elven Civil War is ON!

Along the way:

- Secret lore and ancient truths regarding the Elves are revealed

- God die as their followers perish

- The undead rise in Ulthuan

- Tons of characters kick the bucket

- Elith Anar shoots someone important

- Someone wins the war once and for all - unifying what is left of the Elven race.

Here is a picture of a shocking battleline to set the stage:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	264.9 KB 
ID:	11812
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Daemon-Prince

Alith will most likely kill Morathi.........
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Veteran-Sergeant

That. Is. Awesome.

Any news re: the level of involvement Wood Elves have? I'd hate for us to be minor players in this!
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

I think Eldargal is going to blow a gasket, "...sorrowful death robs the Asrai of... resolve." Sounds a lot like Ariel bites it. Then, maybe that's who Araloth is going into the Realm of Chaos to save.

Chapter-Master

Alarielle is specifically referred to as "the Avatar of Isha", so I'm assuming either Ariel is dead or Ariel's spirit possesses Alarielle's body.

My hype has actually deflated, honestly, but I don't want anyone to think I have a bad impression of End Times: Khaine. There's just nothing there for me I actually want. I have a fully themed Khainite Dark Elf army as my primary Elf army; I used to have High Elves but the outdated models and sometimes questionable rules had me shaking my head. Along came the Dark Elves, a perfect blend of awesome models, good but not unbalanced rules and cool background, specifically with respect to Khainite units (Witch Elves, Executioners, the Cauldron of Blood and so on). The allure of the new Elven End Times book for me from both a modelling and rules perspective was to add in "Khainite Phoenix Guard" and "Khainite Phoenixes"; it would be awesome to convert, the rules would work, and they are the only Elf units not in the Dark Elf book I would actually want to use specifically because they give me durable heavy infantry. Converting Sisters of Slaughter with halberds as Phoenix Guard and Phoenixes trailing blood that literally boil the unlucky souls they move over with dripping blood (Flamespyre rules) or numb them to slaughter (Frostheart rules) would be awesome. Then I learned that the book was Asuryan VS Khaine, and with three separate army lists that pretty obviously meant that I wouldn't be able to combine units dedicated to either god. Ah well, I thought, at least I get to use an Avatar of Khaine in-game! Nope, it's just Tyrion with the Widowmaker (the Avatar of Khaine and Eternity King are titles for Tyrion and Malekith, respectively). It wouldn't be so bad if there were at least new models for the release as then I could justify doing a combined army list down the line separate to my Khainite list, but again, nope! Tyrion on a horse (no new model) wielding the Widowmaker doesn't fit into my infantry-centric army and I severely doubt there is really anything else to be had for Khainite players as presumably "the Avatar of Isha", new rules for Imrik and so on means the focus is placed squarely on the Phoenix King list.

TLDR, I'm not buying the book, but I will order the magic cards just to be safe. The book will doubtless be amazing and I know everyone else will enjoy it, but for me, I can't justify spending $180 on a fluff book I will read once and rules I will barely - if ever - use because there is nothing there I want to use. If I end up being wrong and there is more Khaine love in the book and I can actually legally field Khainite conversions of my favoured non-Dark Elf units, I'll pick it up later, but for now I'm skipping it.

Also, how cool is it that Alith Anar is the one that decides the fate of the Elven race with a single shot from his Moonbow? The most badass Elf gets to make the most important action in the history of all Elves. Hell to the yes! I'm guessing he shoots Tyrion, especially as it definitely appears Malekith's passing through the Flame of Asuryan was sabotaged and he truly was the rightful king all along. Alith Anar hates Malekith more than anyone but the fact they have openly stated in the White Dwarf he makes a shot that decides the fate of the Elven race means it would be far too obvious for him to kill Malekith....unless he simply disarms someone, or he kills both Tyrion and Malekith. Either way....the fluff will be good, no doubt. Just not $180 good
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

I wouldn't necessarily write off being able to combine both units into a single army, that could be what the third army list is for.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast