BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

I don't play WFB, to be fair not much 40k really anymore. But End times has sparked my interest. There's loads of beautiful models coming with this release. But like you I'm waiting until we see more. I'm really interested in what the factions of order get.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I don't play WFB, to be fair not much 40k really anymore. But End times has sparked my interest. There's loads of beautiful models coming with this release. But like you I'm waiting until we see more. I'm really interested in what the factions of order get.
    Don't be soft.....HAVE A FIGHT!

This message brought to you by the Bell of Los Souls Pagga Associtaion.

The Bell of Lost Souls Pagga Association - leave it Dave, he's had enough!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

See, this is what I mean about GW's stupid attitude toward the customers.

I had been looking again at WFB Wood elves. but along comes yet more rumours that armies are going to be mashed together and when that is combined with previous rumours that GW is looking for ways to force you to buy different units buy removing/destroying armies I do not want to take the risk that said investment will be destroyed in the name of god forsaken greed.

Yes, this is reacting to rumours....but when said rumours are the ONLY source of information for an investment this large, what other choice do I or others have? Stupid GW is dumb as **** and deserves what happens to it
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Thanks for telling us you hate GW and are not going to buy an army... Very important info for this end times rumor thread.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    See, this is what I mean about GW's stupid attitude toward the customers.

I had been looking again at WFB Wood elves. but along comes yet more rumours that armies are going to be mashed together and when that is combined with previous rumours that GW is looking for ways to force you to buy different units buy removing/destroying armies I do not want to take the risk that said investment will be destroyed in the name of god forsaken greed.

Yes, this is reacting to rumours....but when said rumours are the ONLY source of information for an investment this large, what other choice do I or others have? Stupid GW is dumb as **** and deserves what happens to it
    I wouldn't give much credence to rumours about armies getting squatted or forced together. All Nagash did was allow undead to be played together if you wish. Both are still much separate armies. The same will likely happen for the differnt flavours of chaos in Glotkin. It's probably safe to say some sort of elf team up will happen and possibly humans, but I don't see any of them being combined into a single army permanently.

I get that people use rumours to make purchasing decisions due to a lack of info, but you should also probably look at recent game trends from GW and use some common sense. The only rumours with any reliability and accuracy come out a few weeks before release, at most. None of them have suggested anything about GW forcing you into buying stuff from other armies. Besides, why would they? That would put people off buying them and cost them money. Whereas if you give them the option to do so freely, you open up a bigger market whilst still keeping purists happy. If you want to start wood elves, then do it. If you like the models and the game, then letting your opinions on GW and some unsubstantiated and wild rumours put you off is just silly.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Fly Lord

In general we view the rumormill as entertainment. People love it, but in general you can break it down into 3 categories:

1)"White Dwarf Info" from the upcoming issue - 100% accurate. Once you are within 1 week of WD's release date it is in the mail system globally - so stuff will always get out.

2)"Old-Guard Rumormongers" The oracles like Harry, Hastings, and 1-2 others that are 100% accurate and often get stuff right 6+ months out. These guys pop up rarely and dont get the exact scheduling correct. They are however rarely incorrect about the details of upcoming products.

3) The Loony Bin - Everything that is not the above categories. These are entertainment pure and simple. Rumor reverb, hoaxsters, 3-4th hand info, "a GW manager told me" and the occasional correct gem. Caveat Emptor.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I am weak.

Nipped out to buy Brownie ingredients. Also managed to return home with a Maggoth Rider.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    but along comes yet more rumours that armies are going to be mashed together and when that is combined with previous rumours that GW is looking for ways to force you to buy different units buy removing/destroying armies I do not want to take the risk that said investment will be destroyed in the name of god forsaken greed.

Yeah, so for example, if there are no more Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings armybooks going forward, and we end up getting a copy pasta of "Undead Legions" into an armybook, how exactly is anyone's existing army invalidated? Besides some fiddly details about the way Unstable and the General works, nothing about the Undead Legions rules prevents you from running a pure VC or TK list, almost exactly as they are in their standalone books. If in a month or two we get End Times: Khaine and there's rules for running all elf models in one army, what's preventing you from running your army as a Wood Elf pure faction? You're whining about the prospect of a more condensed release schedule and having more options (even if you don't plan on using them).

There might be some legitimate room to complain about your specific sub-faction not getting new model releases when competing with so many more units in the same release slot, or having to buy a larger armybook with content you aren't planning on using, but you don't need to tilt at windmills about how the sky is falling and armies are getting squatted and you'll be forced to be dark elf models you don't want.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Yeah, so for example, if there are no more Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings armybooks going forward, and we end up getting a copy pasta of "Undead Legions" into an armybook, how exactly is anyone's existing army invalidated? Besides some fiddly details about the way Unstable and the General works, nothing about the Undead Legions rules prevents you from running a pure VC or TK list, almost exactly as they are in their standalone books. If in a month or two we get End Times: Khaine and there's rules for running all elf models in one army, what's preventing you from running your army as a Wood Elf pure faction? You're whining about the prospect of a more condensed release schedule and having more options (even if you don't plan on using them).

There might be some legitimate room to complain about your specific sub-faction not getting new model releases when competing with so many more units in the same release slot, or having to buy a larger armybook with content you aren't planning on using, but you don't need to tilt at windmills about how the sky is falling and armies are getting squatted and you'll be forced to be dark elf models you don't want.
    They pretty much did that in 40k with when they relased Grey Knights. They combinded Deamon hunters, witch hunters and the grey knights into one book but with the mix and match options, you could stil field a pure witch hunter army or a pure deamon hunter style army or a pure grey knight army. They just put Sisters of Battle on their own (they might even include witch hunters but I'm not 100% sure).

Honestly, it makes sense. From what I have heard, GW wants tis "end of times" as a shake up for Warhammer fantasy. They want to do is do the rule book one more time and then redo all the army books one more time, and then leave the "re-doing" of the rules and army lsits alone so they can work on some new material for warhammer fantasy. They want to stop redoing the rules and such for a long time.

If they start to combind the different factions together for some of the races like having all eveles in one book with the options of making a faction alone (wood eleves only or dark eleves only) or making combind armies, then they could save time on getting the army books out.
    Last edited by flipchuck; 10-26-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Built that Maggoth Rider last night.

Really nice kit to work with, and only a couple of 'why did you choose there for the injection point??' bits.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast