BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

And Festus Empowered, too! I could understand empowering current models to help their sales, but I don't think I've seen a Chaos Warrior army yet that didn't have Festus in it. Heck, I've even seen Festus used as a score counter for a Nurgle Blood Bowl team. The guy is everywhere, and this is just going to make it that much nastier.

As for Karl Franz, I'm actually tempted to dust off my Empire and run an army with him. Just throw a bunch of Knights into Core, take cannons, and then throw Karl Franz at your enemy and eat whatever your opponent's nastiest unit is. It also makes a lot more sense now that they errata'd the WFB rulebook to make sure there's no question about 50% Lords, so people can use all these guys - Karl Franz, Glottkin, Nagash, even that one existing Slann who's expensive as heck - in any game.

[url]http://spikeybitsblog.com/2014/10/breaking-glottkin-karl-franz-rules.html[/url]

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/10/warhammer-glottkin-foto-delle-regole.html"]L'Astropate[/URL] 11-2-2014

End Times: Glottkin Chaos Rules
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141030_135105.jpg 
Views:	3552 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	11670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141030_135119.jpg 
Views:	2291 
Size:	292.3 KB 
ID:	11671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141030_135125.jpg 
Views:	1989 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	11672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141030_135136.jpg 
Views:	2347 
Size:	341.5 KB 
ID:	11673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141030_135141.jpg 
Views:	4334 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	11674
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Sergeant

I'm curious though, it says Karl has the "fly" ability. Is that due to his mount, Deathclaw? Does he still have the option to switch mounts and or go on foot?
    Last edited by flipchuck; 11-04-2014 at 11:39 AM. Reason: to know who I'm talking about...
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Chapter-Master

No. KF Ascendenant and Deathclaw nowcount as a single model (monster). The stat line combines the best of both of them and they have all the rules. Glottkin is the same. Not sure where this development has come from, but it is rather interesting.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    No. KF Ascendenant and Deathclaw nowcount as a single model (monster). The stat line combines the best of both of them and they have all the rules. Glottkin is the same. Not sure where this development has come from, but it is rather interesting.
    Started in the Nagash book, where all three of the Mortarchs had a combined profile (fun fact: their being a combined Monster model means that Nagash can, with a couple of tokens from successful casts, use a spell from the Lore of Undeath to summon a Mortarch). Glottkin and KFA are combined profile, and so are the three Maggoth Lords. It's possibly a change that's going to happen in 9th to make characters on monsters more desirable, which will help sell those big kits, but also mean more cool big monsters on the table.

Quick question:

What rumours do we have on Book Three?

I seem to remember it being Orcs?
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Quick question:

What rumours do we have on Book Three?

I seem to remember it being Orcs?
    There doesn't seem to be anything definite but there has been mention of an "End Times:Khaine" book. If that's true that would seem to heavily indicate a High and Dark Elf focus so it could be things along the lines of:

- Someone drawing the Sword of Khaine (most likely Tyrion given all the foreshadowing)
    - A major clash between the cult of Khaine and the cult of Slaneesh potentially resulting in a falling out between Morathi and Malekith
    - A resolution to the daemonic invasion of Ulthuan and the Khorneite invasion of Naggaroth

Really though I dont think there is anything solid on what or when the next installment will be. Elves seem a decent possibility though not the least of which reason is that massive dragon kits would likely sell well ahead of Christmas.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Fluff wise yes. Rules wise, Valten has the option of taking it, you could field him without and still field Karl Franz with it. Besides, this is the essence of the hammer, he may not have the actual hammer but some sort of manifestation of it. He has clearly been possessed by Sigmar with those stats, so who knows what is going on?
    And this brings up a great idea. Something GW might be setting up from the looks of it. After the End of Times is done and both Karl and Valten are still alive...who will truely rule The Empire? This could lead to setup for an Empire civil war. At least two factions fighting each other. Karl and his followers and Valten and his followers. Heck maybe some other Elector Counts could get in on the action too. It would be "Empire in Flames II" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by flipchuck View Post
    And this brings up a great idea. Something GW might be setting up from the looks of it. After the End of Times is done and both Karl and Valten are still alive...who will truely rule The Empire? This could lead to setup for an Empire civil war. At least two factions fighting each other. Karl and his followers and Valten and his followers. Heck maybe some other Elector Counts could get in on the action too. It would be "Empire in Flames II" so to speak.
    Except I doubt Valten wants to lead, and if Sigmar brought Karl Franz back from the brink of death *and* empowered him, it's a pretty sure sign Sigmar favors Franz as well.

Also, by that point, there won't be enough humans left to have a civil war.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Except I doubt Valten wants to lead, and if Sigmar brought Karl Franz back from the brink of death *and* empowered him, it's a pretty sure sign Sigmar favors Franz as well.

Also, by that point, there won't be enough humans left to have a civil war.
    That's just it. Both are empowered by sigmar in some way or at least assoated with sigmar in a divine way. So that alone is a power struggle. Plus Valten has sigmar's hammer which use to belong to Karl, maybe he'll want it back and Valten won't want to give it back. As with Valten not wanting to lead, at least in the 3rd version of the model, he looks like a king plus there is a new picture showing what looks to be Valten sitting on a throne with sigmar's hammer and a large sword. Also he may not want to lead but he could end up being forced to lead be defualt. People will no doult flock to him as a leader since he'll end up being a "hero of the empire" and the fact that he has sigmar's hammer.

And The Empire is so huge and vast, there'll always be enough humans for a civil war.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast