BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Fingers crossed for an Ariel model!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Fingers crossed for an Ariel Ascendant model!
    FTFY
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'd imagine Alarielle sides with Malekith because Tyrion has gone mad and drawn the sword....

And that cover just shows no models yet
    Still seems insane when you think about it, Alarielle siding with the primary instigator of the longest and most brutal civil war in Warhammer history? Maybe the "Great Lie" was that Malekith's passing through the Flames of Asuryan was sabotaged after all, that would be the only rational explanation for Alarielle siding with a mass murderer over her consort - especially as her touch can purify any soul.

As for the models, don't hold your breath. They aren't part of the overall Khaine release; they might pop up next year, but not before it.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Also she is smart, plenty of non-Tyrion D about if she wants it.

I guess this means Alarielle survives helping Ariel (and hopefully succeeded) so yay.
    I agree with your second statement, if anyone could heal Ariel it would be Alarielle. This would also explain all the Wood Elves helping out Malekith, unless of course it is Araloth's army that is helping out.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 11-18-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Veteran-Sergeant

The WD leaks did say we'd be getting an Avatar of Khaine, so we've got to assume we'll at least get a model for that, right? Also, Hastings said there's a "statue, possibly of Elvish design" so that tallies up.

I just don't believe GW would make the misstep of not releasing anything for one of their most popular product lines in a long time.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Still seems insane when you think about it, Alarielle siding with the primary instigator of the longest and most brutal civil war in Warhammer history? Maybe the "Great Lie" was that Malekith's passing through the Flames of Asuryan was sabotaged after all, that would be the only rational explanation for Alarielle siding with a mass murderer over her consort - especially as her touch can purify any soul.
    All the Phoenix Kings have had dodgy, shonky little rituals performed on them prior to entering the flame..... Malekith did not, and he was the rightful heir to Aernarion's legacy.

I kind of like the idea of Alarielle purifying Malekith, perhaps even healing his ravaged body.

And I really, really hope Tyrion gets the Sword of Khaine shoved right where the sun doesn't shine. Yeah. Right under his pillow.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    The WD leaks did say we'd be getting an Avatar of Khaine, so we've got to assume we'll at least get a model for that, right?
    The leaks said that "The book contains rules for characters including Malekith, Tyrion, Imrik, some chap called the Eternity King and The Avatar of Khaine."

The "Avatar of Khaine" could be an existing dude imbued with Khaine's power, just like Karl Franz is basically an avatar of Sigmar but don't have a new model. Or GW could tell you to use the 40k model, if they do mean a big burning daemon-dude style avatar.

The rumours have pretty consistently said that at this point there are no new elf releases.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    The leaks said that "The book contains rules for characters including Malekith, Tyrion, Imrik, some chap called the Eternity King and The Avatar of Khaine."

The "Avatar of Khaine" could be an existing dude imbued with Khaine's power, just like Karl Franz is basically an avatar of Sigmar but don't have a new model. Or GW could tell you to use the 40k model, if they do mean a big burning daemon-dude style avatar.

The rumours have pretty consistently said that at this point there are no new elf releases.
    Rumours also managed to miss two of the three weeks of Nids releases

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    The WD leaks did say we'd be getting an Avatar of Khaine, so we've got to assume we'll at least get a model for that, right? Also, Hastings said there's a "statue, possibly of Elvish design" so that tallies up.

I just don't believe GW would make the misstep of not releasing anything for one of their most popular product lines in a long time.
    I'm going to be firm and honest. There are no new Elf models with this release. None. Zilch. Zero. The sooner people accept this, the better.

If I magically end up being wrong, I'll be jumping for joy, mind you. I'm immensely disappointed there are no new models, though it sounds like the book will be good enough without them anyway.

All the Phoenix Kings have had dodgy, shonky little rituals performed on them prior to entering the flame..... Malekith did not, and he was the rightful heir to Aernarion's legacy.

I kind of like the idea of Alarielle purifying Malekith, perhaps even healing his ravaged body.

And I really, really hope Tyrion gets the Sword of Khaine shoved right where the sun doesn't shine. Yeah. Right under his pillow.
    Malekith was not the rightful heir though, Aenarion's child with his first wife was. Malekith was essentially the second in line. He could very well be the rightful heir now, but he wasn't when Aenarion died.

Why the hate against Tyrion? Despite bearing the Curse of Aenarion and presumably going insane in the new End Times book, he is one of the greatest-ever Elf heroes and is the greatest living Elf warrior. He also happens to be Aenarion Reborn...which surely is going to have a big bearing on whatever happens in End Times: Khaine.

Rumours also managed to miss two of the three weeks of Nids releases
    The reliable sources didn't, actually, and those are the same people saying there are no new Elf models.
    Check out my blog!

I didn't see any rumblings about the pods and plastic Zoanthropes. Could have missed that though.

Stoked for this book though. Gonna have to pay attention to the internets on Friday to make sure I get my order in before it sells out. And the magic cards.

Chapter-Master

Hear hear!
    Check out my blog!

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast