BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Future Campaign Structures?

So the question is what do you guys want to see in our future campaign books?

So far we hae done:

Horus Heresy: A straight linear set of "historical games" to play. Each game is a seperate setpiece game.
    Macharian Crusade: Seperate linked setpiece "historical games" with competition between allied factions.
    Badab War: A set of branching-tree campaign missions to allow both sides to alter the set history and change the outcome of the war.

What do you guys like most, and what would you like to see moving forward?

Also take into account the upcoming Planetary Empires set which will give the community a consistant set of tiles for campaign rulesets.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I hate to say it and I know we have talked about it but lets do some type of Xenos campiagn.

Eldar hunting down artifacts or some type of nid hive fleet invasion.

I don't think I can comment fully until the Badab book is released to the public (I've only seen the preview page thus far), but I did really like the way that the Macharian Crusade was done.

It's a shame though, that the major component army of the Crusade, the Imperial Guard, got a codex update right after the release of the campaign book. Now all of the army special rules and characters are all wonky due to the codex restructuring. Maybe an edited version of the campiagn book that takes into account the new Guard codex could be in order?

I'm thinking about putting together a small Defense of Macragge sheet with rules for Captain Invictus and the Ultramarines 1st Company.

I'd love to come up with special rules for Ultramar's PDF (and Legio Praetor) and everyone loves Hive Fleet Behemoth, right?

We also have Marneus Calgar and Inquisitor Kryptman in space!

-- mkerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Evil Midnight Bomber

That would put a very big smile on my face, that's for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by mkerr View Post
    I'd love to come up with special rules for Ultramar's PDF (and Legio Praetor) and everyone loves Hive Fleet Behemoth, right?

So instead of a Xenos campaign, it is just going to be another Guard/Marine book?

Once Planetary Empires comes out I'd like to see a map-based campaign book; I've played in a few map campaigns and they are pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RealGenius View Post
    So instead of a Xenos campaign, it is just going to be another Guard/Marine book?
    I don't have the energy to do a campaign book, it would be something much more akin to the Ordo Hereticus Strike Force or the Army of Death. Some background, a different way to play a handful of existing armies, a few special characters and some missions (maybe a Datasheet or three, if Bigred is nice).

But the Defense of Macragge would be an AWESOME Planetstrike minidex....

--mkerr
    Last edited by mkerr; 07-27-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: names have been changed to protect the innocent
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Evil Midnight Bomber

What's interesting is in that "Thinking About Narrative Apocalypse Games" thread on AMM there was some discussion about the seige on the polar fortress at Macragge. I thought it would make a great Planetstrike mission/campaign.

Sounds more like a Scenario, that a minidex. Maybe a pamphle-dex?

Maybe a whole book of 5 or 6 Planetstrike scenarios?

Grand Provost Marshal

Maybe involve more faction-specific objectives in some of the battles? By that I mean you could have different objectives for different forces within a single battle, even those forces on the same side. Thus, the Eldar might try to secure a Gate, and thus ally with Imperial Guard, who are pushing through rebel forces to relieve the Arbites Precinct adjacent to the rogue governor's fortress. Meanwhile, CSM and traitor PDF are opposing them, and the DE take the opportunity to claim more souls.

More precisely: bonus objectives and goals depending on the faction(s) playing. Maybe this could influence the next battle of the campaign as well?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast