BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_papi76 View Post
    How about a campaign where a some Imperials (or Chaos) try to invade a Craftworld?
    The Invaders Chapter versus Craftworld Idharae.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLord127 View Post
    Damocles Gulf Crusade! Let's see a Tau/Imperium war! pretty please

1.This will not only please the Xenos players, but then the "good guys" could be argued either way. Tau were attacked after allowing disgruntled imperials to peacefully join their empire, while the Imperium is being robbed of its worlds by xenos trickery.
    2. In addittion, the tau codex states that it was a meat grinder that no one got really anywhere on, so all the missions could balance themselves out, as far as a campaign goes, and if one side is particularily effective, they could change history.
    3. Also, the current campaigns are imperium history based, why not try another race's history?
    4. The Damocles Gulf Crusade was ended early due to Behemoth's arrival, so it would also be a great lead-in to the Macragge campaign if you decide to do one afterwards...
    5. It is a specific idea to build on
    6. It only includes 2 races.... or 3 armies ( Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Tau) so it will be easier to do for 40k
    7. Once again, only 2 races, so 3 space fleets for BFG (tau, Imperial navy, space marines)
    8. Planetary Empires could be optionally used to portray Dal'yth (the primary stalemate world)
    9. BoLS-made tau commanders!
    10. Damocles has never really been touched upon.

Those are all the reasons I can come up with now.
    This would be amazing. You could give the Tau useful human turncoats and goodies they need to give them extra competitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    Yeah, Hive Fleet Kraken fighting the Eldar of Craftworld Iyanden would be a badass campaign. At last we'd see some Eldar players run Prince Yriel.
    I like this.

I thought to mention these but I have been pipped at the post. I guess you can comb through the books and fluff to come up with Campaigns.

SW v TS. ala Prospero Burns.
    SW & DA versus baddies ala just before the had the Primarchs had their brawl.
    Iron Warriors v Imperial Fists in a series of sieges.
    Word Bearers v Ultramarines. ala during Heresy.
    How about something like "Siege Craft Codex" like Planetstrike or Cities of Death?

Biel tan versus "Xenos" (Imperials/Tau/Orks). They have points advantage. The Xenos have to hole out for x amount of time. After these pre-games then a pitched/Apocalypse battle happens after the defenders main army has been mustered. Each pre-game result determines the points value the defenders brings.
    I think this is somewhat like Gavin Thorpes Fantasy Raiders series?

Codex Deathwatch to catch/tag/release/chloroform Tyranids for whatever purpose - but not Kill Team, like a regular battle.

Stuff like that.

Default SW & DA race to kill Enemy Commander.

*Gasp* How about using the "Return to Grim-Duraz" BatRep in WD 359 to represent Leman Russ & Lion El'Johnson dashing up to slay the enemy commander - who may not leave his deployment zone.

Victory points are awarded as per usual or use Kill Points. Bonus points for killing the EC but also for how you kill him, artillery no points, shooting is lame, cc is good and your HQ killing him is awesome.

Huh, huh, huh?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345