BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Actually, Xenos campaign is not a bad idea...

...or, more to the point, something where Xenos races are the highlighted protagonists and the Imperium is either the bad guy or in the middle. How interesting would that be to have, for instance, an Eldar campaign against Chaos on or near an Imperial World? Or a Tau Warband having to fight and survive their way through a system in the middle of a war between Orks and Guard?

I think there would be a good response from Xenos players excited about being the focus of a campaign and there will rarely be a shortage of Imperial opponents...

Veteran-Sergeant

Will you ever be doing anything Fantasy related this way?

Right now I like the idea of exploring a single event, instead of trying to find a way to cram every race into a single Armageddon-style event.

So taking the Battle of Macragge example, it might end up something like this:

1. Fluff: Background on the battle and the historical significance of the aftermath.

2. Armies: A description of the combatants. In this case it might be the Ultramarines 1st Company and the Ultramar PDF on the Imperial side and Hive Fleet Behemoth on the Tyranid side. Including any army special rules.

3. Special Characters: Captain Invictus, maybe a PDF commander and a hive beast of some sort from Behemoth. Maybe a minor character or two (I love upgrade characters).

4. Missions: A few suggestions on playing the mini-campaign (perhaps just a series of four or five linked missions). A major Planetstrike mission, a couple of smaller "Assassinate the Hive Node" support missions, an Apocalypse datasheet or three and a major Apocalypse mission.

5. More Ways to Play (suggestions on incorporating AI and BFG missions) and Modeling Tips.

That's what I'm thinking anyway -- your mileage, as always, may vary.

-- Mkerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Quote Originally Posted by mkerr View Post
    Right now I like the idea of exploring a single event, instead of trying to find a way to cram every race into a single Armageddon-style event.
    There's a bit of fluff in the Marine Codex about Ultramarines defending the Tomb of Orar (I think) from Eldar seeking the Scepter of Galaxian (I think). How about that one? It's not famous, but it could be interesting and easily adapted for any race as attacker...

Scout

I'd love to see y'all do The War in Heaven - it'd be really interesting to see your take on the Necrons (and all the C'tan that got NOMNOMNOM'ed by the Nightbringer) and I'm sure all the Eldar players would lurrve it if some of their aspect warriors were troops.

I've loved the consideration you've given all the other campaigns; I think that'd be a great non-marine, non-guard book to try; heck, all you could have would be Eldar, Necrons, Old Ones (if you want to go really crazy), Enslavers, and some rudimentary Orks.

Could be really neat.. and stuff!

- McNs

Default You've got to have humans somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by McNs View Post
    I've loved the consideration you've given all the other campaigns; I think that'd be a great non-marine, non-guard book to try; heck, all you could have would be Eldar, Necrons, Old Ones (if you want to go really crazy), Enslavers, and some rudimentary Orks.
    But you have to have some options for Imperial players. I mean, there are so many of them that a completely non-human campaign would exclude easily 65% or more of people who play. That's why I suggest them as the bad guys. If the Imperium is the bad guy, you'll never have a shortage of opponents!

Chaplain

I know it's kind of lame, what with all this high and mighty talk of Xenos, but I'd be up for something that highlighted the AdMec in some way. Maybe one of those tech-crusade/artifact finding missions they talk about? You could then get in at least one Xenos race, either Eldar, Necrons or maybe Tau, most likely, as well as Titans and some stadard Imps. Only problem is, I don't know if there are any huge archealogical crusades actually on the the books in offical fluff...

Veteran-Sergeant

The defense of maccrage is a good idea but I liker the badab War syystem where you can can change the outcome. could that be done?

Brother-Sergeant

How about a campaign where a some Imperials (or Chaos) try to invade a Craftworld?

Brother-Sergeant

What about a campaign detailing the Inquisition? They didn't exist during the horus heresy, and weren't really mentioned much in the macharian book so it wouldn't be a rehash of the previous books. It could include rules for small sorties and raids akin to the old Kill Team rules but these encounters would grow into regular size fights and then the campaign would climax with a titanic battle with both sides having gained small advatages for sucsessfully completing certain earlier missions(I.E. "in mission four, the inquisition reclaimed the horde of archaeotech from the cultists so they can replace d6 weapons from on their vehicles with a 'LasBlaster'S10 AP2 Heavy 2") The smaller games could really capture the feel of objective based scenarios like 'assaninate the witch, or plant the bomb in the inquisitiors base'. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast