BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Librarian

Black Crusade: The Rise of Abaddon.

Nuff Said.

Brother-Sergeant

An idea might be to do the invasion of the Exodite world of Haran. The 2nd edition Eldar Codex tells the story of how Eldrad Ulthran predicted the invasion of an Eldar planet. The Chaos Space Marines daemons opened up a rift in space, but the Eldar were waiting for them. The story goes on to describe how Phoenix Lords and Eldar from all over show up to fight. At the end Fugan shows up and the Eldar force Chaos back. There aren't many specific details in the story, but it does seem like it was epic.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by mkerr View Post
    I'm thinking about putting together a small Defense of Macragge sheet with rules for Captain Invictus and the Ultramarines 1st Company.

I'd love to come up with special rules for Ultramar's PDF (and Legio Praetor) and everyone loves Hive Fleet Behemoth, right?

We also have Marneus Calgar and Inquisitor Kryptman in space!

-- mkerr

I'd love to see missions and special rules written out for the whole thing as that siege of Macragge was the inspiration for my collection which is all based on the Ultras in some way. From the UM 3rd Company who were sent in to try to rescue the 1st on Macragge but arrived too late to save anyone suffering horrendous casualities on route to the 1st company terminators and the early stages of a guard army painted up as an Ultramar PDF - so far it's just tanks but the cadians are there ready to be built and painted.

This to me is the most exciting thing you've suggested doing, please, please, please go with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorsmercy View Post
    The defense of maccrage is a good idea but I liker the badab War syystem where you can can change the outcome. could that be done?
    I don't think the next book will have a huge campaign structure. Just a handful of missions and a suggested, branching path of how to play through the campaign. It's something you can do in a weekend (only requiring a handful of special models/units), instead of something that takes 12-weeks to play.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceSpringsteen! View Post
    What about a campaign detailing the Inquisition?
    I don't think there's a bigger fan of the Inquisition than me, so you definitely have an ally at BOLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryl View Post
    I'd love to see missions and special rules written out for the whole thing as that siege of Macragge was the inspiration for my collection which is all based on the Ultras in some way. From the UM 3rd Company who were sent in to try to rescue the 1st on Macragge but arrived too late to save anyone suffering horrendous casualities on route to the 1st company terminators and the early stages of a guard army painted up as an Ultramar PDF - so far it's just tanks but the cadians are there ready to be built and painted.

This to me is the most exciting thing you've suggested doing, please, please, please go with this!
    Awesome! I did the same thing with my Ultramarines and Tyranid army. It's Captain Invictus taunting me from the shelf (with his gorgeous Plasma Blaster -- and his Terminator Command Squad) that's making me want to write special rules for him.

I'd also like to see Hivefleet Behemoth get some love too.

-- MKerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Veteran-Sergeant

Hive Fleet Behemoth, supported by an unknown splinter fleet in desert brown colors... hmmm. Darn snow missions! Curses!

FWIW, you have a willing nid fleet holding in orbit.

Veteran-Sergeant

Damocles Gulf Crusade! Let's see a Tau/Imperium war! pretty please

1.This will not only please the Xenos players, but then the "good guys" could be argued either way. Tau were attacked after allowing disgruntled imperials to peacefully join their empire, while the Imperium is being robbed of its worlds by xenos trickery.
    2. In addittion, the tau codex states that it was a meat grinder that no one got really anywhere on, so all the missions could balance themselves out, as far as a campaign goes, and if one side is particularily effective, they could change history.
    3. Also, the current campaigns are imperium history based, why not try another race's history?
    4. The Damocles Gulf Crusade was ended early due to Behemoth's arrival, so it would also be a great lead-in to the Macragge campaign if you decide to do one afterwards...
    5. It is a specific idea to build on
    6. It only includes 2 races.... or 3 armies ( Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Tau) so it will be easier to do for 40k
    7. Once again, only 2 races, so 3 space fleets for BFG (tau, Imperial navy, space marines)
    8. Planetary Empires could be optionally used to portray Dal'yth (the primary stalemate world)
    9. BoLS-made tau commanders!
    10. Damocles has never really been touched upon.

Those are all the reasons I can come up with now.
    Last edited by ChaosLord127; 09-02-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: To add more reasons
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Something that heavily involves the Adeptus Mechanicus. And a sweet ruleset for them to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLord127 View Post
    Damocles Gulf Crusade! Let's see a Tau/Imperium war! pretty please

1.This will not only please the Xenos players, but then the "good guys" could be argued either way. Tau were attacked after allowing disgruntled imperials to peacefully join their empire, while the Imperium is being robbed of its worlds by xenos trickery.
    2. In addittion, the tau codex states that it was a meat grinder that no one got really anywhere on, so all the missions could balance themselves out, as far as a campaign goes, and if one side is particularily effective, they could change history.
    3. Also, the current campaigns are imperium history based, why not try another race's history?
    4. The Damocles Gulf Crusade was ended early due to Behemoth's arrival, so it would also be a great lead-in to the Macragge campaign if you decide to do one afterwards...
    5. It is a specific idea to build on
    6. It only includes 2 races.... or 3 armies ( Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Tau) so it will be easier to do for 40k
    7. Once again, only 2 races, so 3 space fleets for BFG (tau, Imperial navy, space marines)
    8. Planetary Empires could be optionally used to portray Dal'yth (the primary stalemate world)
    9. BoLS made tau commanders!

Those are all the reasons I can come up with now.
    I support this venture. Anything to let me read the Damocles Gulf edition of the Uplifting primer out loud is A-OK in my book!

"Tau are herd creatures that panic easily. Their usual response to stressful situations is to either wail and lie face down on the ground with their hands over their heads, or to run around in circles hoping to confuse their aggressor."

Battle-Brother

something armageddon good ol marines v orks lol

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan He'stan View Post
    something armageddon good ol marines v orks lol
    damn, you beat me to it, specifically hades hive or the 2nd war, the 1st 3rd war get too much rap while the second is more just "It was there, it happned"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast