BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default nurgle psycher questions

so you already come with the primaris for the nurgle disciplines for both csm and deamons. that is a specific rule for them so a lvl 2 sorcerer would still get to roll 2 power from another discipline. and in order to get the free primaris those power's have to be from the same discipline. so if you take 2 powers from say biomancy then you would also get the primaris as you took all of your actual power's from the same discipline. the nurgle power is basically a free power or am i interperating this incorrectly?
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    so you already come with the primaris for the nurgle disciplines for both csm and deamons. that is a specific rule for them so a lvl 2 sorcerer would still get to roll 2 power from another discipline. and in order to get the free primaris those power's have to be from the same discipline. so if you take 2 powers from say biomancy then you would also get the primaris as you took all of your actual power's from the same discipline. the nurgle power is basically a free power or am i interperating this incorrectly?
    The rule that gives you the nurgle primaris for free overrides the rule that you get the primaris for free if you take everything from the same discipline, because chaos sorcerers can't do that. (They have to take at least one from their mark, but may not take more than half, meaning that they'd never get a free primaris.) You do not get two free primaris powers.

Librarian

yes the CSM rule book states that a player must select one power from their god's discipline... so which way do you rule that. the rule book tell you your getting the power for free and then the codex tells you your have to draw a power from nurgle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    yes the CSM rule book states that a player must select one power from their god's discipline... so which way do you rule that. the rule book tell you your getting the power for free and then the codex tells you your have to draw a power from nurgle as well.
    Most people can't seem to agree on that. There are some who say you still need to pick one power yourself, while others say your free power counts as the one you "must" have.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    Most people can't seem to agree on that. There are some who say you still need to pick one power yourself, while others say your free power counts as the one you "must" have.

Ya i am one of those who says that's what makes sense to me i wont argue for a 2nd primaris but i would strongly argue that you get to take the primaris which in turn counts as you mandatory chaos power and are allowed to make 2 rolls on another chart if you please

Chapter-Master

Honestly, don't look too closely at any of the psychic rules. They kind of completely fall apart if you do so.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Banned

I always thought the Focus rules came in to play after the powers were chosen. It wouldn't make much sense to come in to play before hand, after all, since they are "in addition to what what you know".

The Chaos Focus for CSM sorcerers does not 'generate' the Primaris for them. They still must 'generate' one power from the list as per the Codex rule. Then they get the Chaos Primaris power as a bonus (or boner if you're Slaanesh )

Chapter-Master

That's really the crux of the issue. To gain normal psychic focus, you may only "generate" powers from a single discipline. So, does the free chaos psychic focus power count as "generating" or not? It's one of many areas of the psychic phase that simply is not clarified.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Counts to my reading. Its in the generating psychic powers what else would it be.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast