BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Heresy Era Blood Angels

I am currently working on building a heresy era blood angels army, and I was wondering what colors did they use? red was obviously the primary color but I am sure that they had some black, white, or gold in there. however I don't want them to end up looking like heresy era word bearers or thousand suns. anyone have any ideas?

I will try and get some pictures going on this thread as soon as I get some of my stuff in from forge world.

Thanks

Just based on the subject material, I'd consider asking this on Bolter and Chainsword. I know I've seen a lot of heresy threads over there.

ok, I will give them a try.

Thanks

Occuli Imperator

They will be essentially the same colour scheme as the current BAs, though until we get some in a HH FW book we don't know for sure.

Looking at the art work in the visions of heresey that is certainly seems to be true.

Obviously, though they had no Black Death Company.

Chaplains were still black, Honour guard were golden helmed,

Pre 3rd (or maybe 4th) ed. BA had black rimmed shoulder pads, that has since been retconned.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Ok I got some of my models in and got the air brush working again

I have 20 Tac Marines that are basically done, minor details that I am unsure of still might require me to go back, and then these two Praetors are my current WIPs. Let me know what you think I am open to any comments and suggestions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141017_181146_412.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	11533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141017_181202_709.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	11534

a quick update on my progress so far, I have painted the sword and my first attempt at non-metallic metal (hilt of sword)

Name:	IMG_20141018_234212_553.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	11552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141018_234316_913.jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	11553

then here are some of the 20 tac marines that I have already finished (for the most part) I will refrain from posting too many pictures until I get my lighting figured out

Name:	IMG_20141019_240044_376.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	11554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141019_240221_328.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	11555Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141019_240400_585.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	11556

as always comments are welcome

Thanks!

Some things from old fluff I have seen is that banner bearers have orange arms that hold the banners.

A lot of old imagery has black trim on shoulder pads.

Gold was only authorized for Sanguinius and his Honor Guard. And everyone's armour was less ornate.
    Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs, High Captain of Angband - Veteran Blood Angels Player
    Home of the 9th Legion: www.sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com

Do you by chance have any idea what the Sanguinary guard would've used/worn during this time? I would really like to see where you found these pictures from! maybe give me a bit of inspiration. Thanks

Alright, I made some good progress on my praetor model and now I just need to get him on a base! not exactly sure what I want on his base and I am open to ideas form all of you. I want my theme for these guys to be the defense of Terra/Imperial Palace.

Name:	IMG_20141101_224551_827.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	11669

Thanks!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Some things from old fluff I have seen is that banner bearers have orange arms that hold the banners.

A lot of old imagery has black trim on shoulder pads.

Gold was only authorized for Sanguinius and his Honor Guard. And everyone's armour was less ornate.
    The red trim on the shoulder pad got retconned. They had that up till about 3rd ed.

Also the original Blood Angels Red, was much more Orange, then again around 3rd they stopped making BA red and started using Blood Red.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast