BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Movie Marines; opponents?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone considered a "Movie Marines" take on another race, say Eldar?

Veteran-Sergeant

Eldar Wolf this easily could have been part of Master Bryss' post on Movie Marine Chapter Master rules as added question (as in a question you ask after commenting on the topic at hand). I haven't caught on these forums before but a major problem on these boards is posters seeking feedback without leaving any themselves. Please help out Master Bryss and I'm certain he'd be happy to expand on your topic in return.
    "No one hides from the Eye, No one hides from the Sky!"

Brother-Captain

Atrotos, why? it's a completely unrelated topic.

I personally think that it is appropriate for the movie style army to be applied to the "good guys" and so seeing an Eldar or a Tau version would be cool. I seem to recall they at least had the "Firewarrior" character as a set of super stats like the Movie Marines.

Certainly not for armies like Tyranids or Necrons, although have a one off special like a movie version super stat Old One Eye, where it would take a full squad of Movie Maries to take down might work as well.

John M>
    and Atrotos... don't be a Douche

Chaplain

I've seen a 'Movie' take on Chaos Marines somewhere, which included the likes of Possessed and Spawn (big evil beasties work well as an adversary, as well as the enemy's deranged subordinate.)

If an army has a 'Movie' version I believe the trick is to exaggerate the army's current strengths. For example, Movie Eldar might get a bigger Move distance and a high number of low-strength attacks, Movie Necrons could be nearly as tough as Movie Marines, able to kill tanks with a Glancing Hit again and possibly only able to walk forward (unstoppable march...)

As for Movie Nids...that's easy. More. Lots more.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree Mr. Lobster, it is, for the most part, a different topic but there simply isn't enough traffic on these boards. What I was trying to intimate to Eldar Wolf was that most new threads here go unanswered or have so many off-topic posts that the original post is lost to the murky depths of time. If he wants feedback it would be nice of him to help others out especially with topics that are so similar. Really not trying to be a douche, just trying to help this community.

On topic: A problem you'll face with something like 'Movie Eldar' is adequate stats. Movie Marines are already "maxed out" stat-wise - how much farther could you push it? Giving every unit a dozen special rules could help but it certainly wouldn't be very fast paced.
    "No one hides from the Eye, No one hides from the Sky!"

Eldar should get the chance to reroll every die they roll, Warlocks can reroll twice, Farseers three times.

I asked because the guy I usually play against thought it was a good idea but he plays Eldar not marines. Fair's fair, he would like to have a go using some of his own stuff.

Atrotos - I asked separately because on the majority of 40K boards I'd have been dogpiled for changing the topic.

Master Bryss - the Chapter Master is a great idea, it will be tried along with the rest of the movie marines!

Chaplain

Thanks very much!

(I might try Movie Assault Marines at some point. Will possibly cause minor tremors when they hit the ground.)

(I'm fully aware that's off topic btw.)
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Remember, movie Marines are super tough because it is supposed to be fluff accurate, not toughness for toughness' sake. Anyway, I agree with the posters who suggested playing up the speed and shooty aspects of the army.

Mebbe:
    WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    6 5 4 4 1 6 2 10 4++
    May Fleet 3d6"(pick highest) and still fire

DA Shuriken Catapult
    24" S4 AP4 Assault 6, Rending

Fusion Gun
    18" SX AP1 Assault 1, Auto Wounds and Auto Penetrates

Scorpion Chainsword
    +1 S, Power weapon, Rends on a 5+

Reaper Launcher
    48" S5 AP2 Assault 2, Blast, Ignores Cover

Or is this not over the top enough?

Abbess Sanctorum

And yet, movie marines are not quite fluff accurate. They've been taken down by mere humans many times.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast