Hi Everyone!
This may be a bit of a long post but please stay with me – I’d really appreciate it.

Long story short – Englishman, playing fantasy then 40k for many many years. Decide to work abroad teaching. Takes two armies with him. Jump-assault heavy Flesh Tearers and shooty Necrons. Both at 1500pts. Starts teaching in East Ukraine. Teaches native friends to play 40k. Starts building a troop-heavy Daemon army. Builds a gaming table.
Civil War happens. (not in the fun, tabletop way. The real, mess your pants kinda real)
I’m now a refugee near Kiev. My armies (as well as most of my belongings and my pet chinchilla) are all still in East Ukraine.
I’ve started my own English school here. I’m making twice what I made before. The end of the month will be my first paycheck since May.

I NEED 40k. I need to paint something! I need an army sitting on a shelf. It is a way to relax and unwind in a way I can’t get elsewhere.

So at the end of the month I plan to start a new army. I could buy more daemons in hope of adding them to my existing units, but without the same paints I had before (gathered from 15+ gaming years) they will look different. Also, I cannot guarantee I will ever get my old armies back. My apartment has not been seriously damaged by the war….yet. SO – better to start a whole new army.

I’ve been thinking all week about the kind of army I want to build. I’ve narrowed it down to two options.

A Iyanden based Wraith army involving a Wraithknight warlord (basic loadout), 2 spiritseers, 4 units of wraithguard (normal guns) and 3 wraithlords (all with brightlances and flamers). 1500pts
OR
A zombie CSM army involving lots of fortifications. Typhus, 5 Nurgle termies, 60zombies (30,15+15), 2 Nurgle spawn, a Martyr defence line, Martyr Emplacement, Martyr Bunker, Firestorm Redoubt (Anti-air lazcannons) and 4 vengeance batteries, all with battle cannons. 1499pts.
Both are battleforged. Both are different styles to anything I have used before.

So – my questions are for you

Which do you think will be -
The stronger list?
The most tactically interesting/challenging to play?
The most interesting/challenging to paint?
The most fun to play?
The most interesting FOR AN OPPONENT to play against?

Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom, and I look forward to hearing your ideas!