BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    'LoL! I summon Daemon Prince, but don't have the model, despite the summoning rules specifically saying it's therefore a wasted casting, I'll just use this glass LOLPOWERGAMER!' That's right out that sort of behaviour!

Ultimately? It's the 12th Commandment - Don't be a shortened form of Richard about it.

And in case anyone is wondering? 11th Commandment is 'cover thine own bahookie'
    I know everyone has been freaking out about the demon prince example, but everyone please calm down, it was an example I'm sure we all understand the difference.
    it would be interesting to note how GW seems to slowly moving towards more offical rules like the d-prince clause or the end of wrecks, etc. to make it a game where these sort of things are absent beyond control of the gamers themselves.
    Im all about games with fully painted minis, I dont terribly enjoy seeing coke cans and wont miss them if they're eradicated eventually

Default Proxies, scratch buildings, count as... and other weird creatures from the warp

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bubonicus View Post
    No.
    Grumpy Cat? ... Is that you? XDDDDD

In my opinion there is just a point to keep in mind in order to allow or not allow the presence of non original Games Worshop's models in a game, and that point is the kind of game to play.

If the battle is set by any official Games Workshop organization, let's say a GW shop, or franchise, the most probably is that using non original models won't be allowed.

If the battle is set by an independant games club, or by a group of friends, it all comes down to agree in advance what is allowed and what is not. After that, all set in the table accomplishing the agreed can fight.

On the other side, I must admit that I hate playing against unpaitend models, since I always try to set on the tables my painted units in order to improve the visual aspect of the game. For the same reason, I love discovering proxies, or scratch buildings etc that are really well built and painted. I wouldn't mind losing a game against those fliers in the pictures shown in previous posts.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cayus View Post
    Grumpy Cat? ... Is that you? XDDDDD
    Don't do this.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrat View Post
    Then you and your friend are gaming for the wrong reasons.
    Go troll somebody else.
    I'm not falling for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    Go troll somebody else.
    I'm not falling for it.
    To be fair to him, if a single loss in an Apocalypse game has someone selling off their entire army and never playing again, the game is not for them.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    To be fair to him, if a single loss in an Apocalypse game has someone selling off their entire army and never playing again, the game is not for them.
    Well loosing to a poker chip army would not endear one to the hobby. I can see a new player thinking that if this is the norm of the hobby I'll find something else. I dropped an entire series of tournaments after 2 really bad games. In both of these my opponent was using proxied units which IMO should never be allowed in public events.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chaplain

This is a pic from an Apocalypse game:

[url]http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetMysteryShadow/Memorial+Day+Massacre+2013/05270041.JPG.html[/url]

Those are beverage-can Drop Pods with Salamanders ALL proxied to have combi-meltas. How do you think that Eldar Player felt after having his Phantom destroyed by that?
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Occuli Imperator

Of course if the opponet was happy that is one thing...

My gaming group to try and stem our grey hordes played with the rule that all armies had the Hatred: Unpainted. So anyone shooting at an unpainted miniature gained that rule.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    I know everyone has been freaking out about the demon prince example, but everyone please calm down, it was an example I'm sure we all understand the difference.
    it would be interesting to note how GW seems to slowly moving towards more offical rules like the d-prince clause or the end of wrecks, etc. to make it a game where these sort of things are absent beyond control of the gamers themselves.
    Im all about games with fully painted minis, I dont terribly enjoy seeing coke cans and wont miss them if they're eradicated eventually
    Was just sticking to the example.

Coming without a key model because you forgot it is one thing. But using a power where you don't even own the appropriate model? Quite another
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Of course if the opponet was happy that is one thing...

My gaming group to try and stem our grey hordes played with the rule that all armies had the Hatred: Unpainted. So anyone shooting at an unpainted miniature gained that rule.
    That is a brilliant house rule.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast