BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a shooty GK list that includes the VSG. I have received more complaints about that particular building that about any other tactic/unit I have ever used. (And I even tone down the shields a bit, basically counting all three shields as a 3HP vehicle, rather than three separate 1HP vehicles.)

Also, I think I'm the only person at my store who actually owns Stronghold. I'd like more people to play with some of the models, like VWBs and the Firestorm Battery.

Librarian

Reg the Green Tide. Medium Buildings can hold 20 models, this includes the Imperial Bastion and Firestorm Redoubt (which any army can take).

My Vengeance Gun Batteries have been awesome! AV 14/14/14, 3HPs and since they have no transport capacity they can never be claimed by the enemy.
    Deploy them next to any Objectives in my deployment zone and the rest of my army can be mobile and if I happen to draw those Tactical Objectives I don't have to race back to grab it.
    Last edited by JMichael; 09-18-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C360_2014-03-21-15-43-21-035.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	11221

It's been a while since I last played my Imperial Strongpoint [pre 7th edition] but I found it extremely interesting and fun but there were some practical problems. Post 7th the Bastion is a little more fragile thanks to it being targetable without being occupied [although that came in with the Stronghold rules anyway but most people forgot] and also meaning you can onluy set the Fortifications up in your Deployment Zone which makes things a little more cramped.

The Skyshield is awesome though because it can't be shot, doesn't have any Hull Points and you still get the Invul Save when those crazy 'ignores cover' saves start raining on your troops. Additional benefits are splitting your force between being on the platform and underneath, so only half will get hit by blasts. The main problem I found though was my Tervigons getting stuck on it, there was a bit of a bottle-neck in one corner when two wanted to get off and the just got in each others way. Additionally you need the full 6" difficult terrain roll for them to get down and out from under the platform, otherwise they just wouldn't fit.

Stilll being able to position a Quad Gun from the Bastion or Aegis on the Skyshield was very handy and certainly kept it in the game to previous matchups were it was invariably first blood.

I've also used my old Mycetic Spores as Vengeance Weapons batteries, great fun for nids and add in a couple of barricades in front to slow down someone assaulting them. 5pts is a cheap and cheerful little delaying tactic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070841.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	11222

WoM trench lines mostly here; though I'm about to restart my own campaign and more buildings may be seen more frequently. (A lot used to depend on whether you had Keeps or Bastions on the map but they have a new purpose this time around rather than limiting your force availability).

Trouble is with the new hull points and glancing does damage to them they are no better now than tanks. In fact I think I'd rather put my faith in the front armour of a Russ with a dozer blade.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12