BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default My completed fantasy models

Guess its better to gather everything fantasy under one umbrella, instead of a massive amount of individual posts. I paint Warhammer for fun, never played, but the kits are actually really well done and fun subject matter, so I can't resist just painting something that looks cool.

First up is my transforming Wight King. For this one, I tried to do something interesting. The paint job isn't my best, but I used it to more accentuate the theme of transformation. I used an extra head I had and carved it up to fit into the cowl, then painted the whole works up to give it a look of in progress transformation. I did only highlights on the "new" parts (with no washes) and only washes on the "old" parts with no highlights to make it look old and worn. The effect was too "busy" for a real paint job. More for practice and fun than anything.

He's up on ebay [URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wight-King-Games-Workshop-Vampire-Counts-Fantasy-Custom-Painted-/291248041027?"]here.[/URL]

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3 (2).JPG 
Views:	762 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	11212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wk01 copy.jpg 
Views:	1616 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	11213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wk03 copy.jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	11214  
    Last edited by defiantworkshop; 09-20-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: (changed title)
    Check out the blog of unceasing fun, defiantworkshop.blogspot.com!

Chapter-Master

I like the conversion. I'm going to try something similar with Legion of the Damned!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Thanks, he was...interesting...to make. You don't really get a sense for how fine and tiny something like half of a face for a kit is until you do this, and once it gets to a certain size, its pretty much too small to do anything else with. Wracked my nerves, but if the effect came across, and you knew instantly what was happening, my mission was accomplished. I didn't set out to do my best work, in fact it was quite rushed for a contest.

Chapter-Master

I completely understand the time pressures of contests. The transformation comes across nicely. I am definitely not looking forward to trying to cut and merge such small delicate features myself!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

OK, next up is my Thundertusk. Completed this for a local GW contest, first mini I ever got my airbrush out for. Lots of fun, really thrilled with how the color scheme came together. Lots of cool blues for a cold environment creature. I got to do some offsetting colors with the ogres and their foodstuffs as well. Posted this one up on the bay as well, [URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thundertusk-Games-Workshop-Fantasy-Ogres-Custom-Painted-/291248049617?"]here.[/URL]

Thanks for looking!

Name:	thunder01 copy.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	11233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunder02 copy.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	11234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunder03 copy.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	11235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunder04 copy.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	11236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunder10 copy.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	11237  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunder16 copy.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	11238  

Next up is my Nazgul/Witch King from The Lord of the Rings. A few things of note...I removed the sculpted on "fire" effect on the sword, and painted it up with leadbelcher, then put on some "Water Effects" and painted it clear to give a better flame effect. Also, even though its not screen accurate, I added some iridescent blue and green to the scales to give the piece some visual interest. While its tough to see in the pictures, you can kind of see the effect around the light. Its better in motion, if you can turn it around and see how the black changes to a blue or green sheen. Just thought it broke the excess amount of black up a bit. You can find it on the bay [URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Games-Workshop-Winged-Nazgul-Witch-King-Lord-of-the-Rings-Custom-Painted-/291249367567?"]here.[/URL]

Name:	_MG_4041 copy.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	11244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_4043 copy.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	11245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_4044 copy.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	11246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_4049 copy.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	11247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_4051 copy.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	11248  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_4052 copy.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	11249  
    Last edited by defiantworkshop; 09-22-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Next up is actually the first mini I ever did in earnest, the Nurgle Chaos Lord. Picked him up to try out a few techniques and see what minis were really all about. Fun to do, and got to try out all of the technical paints from Citadel's range, which are quite fun to mess with. He ended up taking first place at my local Games Workshop store, which was an added bonus. He's also up for grabs [URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nurgle-Chaos-Lord-Warhammer-Fantasy-Custom-Painted-/291261273841?"]here.[/URL]

Name:	_MG_4054 copy.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	11411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_4057 copy.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	11412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_4058 copy.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	11413   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_4055 copy.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	11414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_4056 copy.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	11415