BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Default My completed fantasy models

Guess its better to gather everything fantasy under one umbrella, instead of a massive amount of individual posts. I paint Warhammer for fun, never played, but the kits are actually really well done and fun subject matter, so I can't resist just painting something that looks cool.

First up is my transforming Wight King. For this one, I tried to do something interesting. The paint job isn't my best, but I used it to more accentuate the theme of transformation. I used an extra head I had and carved it up to fit into the cowl, then painted the whole works up to give it a look of in progress transformation. I did only highlights on the "new" parts (with no washes) and only washes on the "old" parts with no highlights to make it look old and worn. The effect was too "busy" for a real paint job. More for practice and fun than anything.

He's up on ebay [URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wight-King-Games-Workshop-Vampire-Counts-Fantasy-Custom-Painted-/291248041027?"]here.[/URL]

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3 (2).JPG 
Views:	763 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	11212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wk01 copy.jpg 
Views:	1616 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	11213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wk03 copy.jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	11214  
    Last edited by defiantworkshop; 09-20-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: (changed title)
    Check out the blog of unceasing fun, defiantworkshop.blogspot.com!