BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

End Times itself is pretty great, and my friend whose copy of Kinslayer I perused said she liked most of it apart from Ulrika. But yes after this kind of pessimistic about Ariel, Morathi, Alarielle etc. Hopefully they will surprise us for the better.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I'm still on the fence about end times.....while it could turn out awesome, if it only winds up like harry's earlier rumours where its basically changing the storyline to justify destruction of armies and collections then in my opinion its a stupid idea.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Hopefully it won't, Harry was hearing stuff very early on after all. So far the places destroyed have been Tilea and Estalia and such.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

thats still pretty painful, tilea was the ****!, loved that place

Though I depending on how this ends its not entirely "dead" I guess, and not having a list in and of itself makes its fate less of an issue as any armies built around the background would have a number of possible justifications
    Last edited by daboarder; 09-21-2014 at 03:54 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yup.

I understand the disappointment in the death of Ulrika. Had it happened in a film, I'd suspect some scenes had been left on the cutting room floor. Personally I have no issue with how she died at the hands of Felix, but it just felt a bit tacked on. This could be because it's utterly overshadowed by Snorri's doom just a few pages later, and just how well that was done.

I really, really hope we've not seen the last of her. As has been said, Vampires have natural regenerative powers and to boost that, Ulrika had been feasting on Troll blood (the book takes some pains to point out just how ridiculously regenerative Trolls are!). That'd be pretty cool in the second book.

Wonder if there'll be early bird copies available at Warhammerfest?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hopefully it won't, Harry was hearing stuff very early on after all. So far the places destroyed have been Tilea and Estalia and such.
    Which are for the most part, are places that have armies that not many people play with anymore. Also GW no longer supports the models nor did the have an updated army book for a very long time. Gives GW a better reason to not support those armies even more. Its also a great why to put some shock and awe into the game without causing too many problems in sales or the game play itself. How many have of you guys seen dogs of War armies being leaglly and offically played in a long time? They might as well destroy the Moot as well since there isn't much halfing models in GW anymore.

Ans then GW could, for the peoplke who do still use those armies, make an updated PDF file of the army books and redo it as "aftermath" of the destruction of their home. Go with an "army without a home" style of playing list or make them allies for other armies.
    Last edited by flipchuck; 09-22-2014 at 08:35 AM.
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Yes, that was my point.

Kinslayer is quite specific that Altdorf has refugees from everywhere - Bretonnia, Estalia, Tilea, Kislev. Communities, soldiers, nobles, the lot!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Kinslayer is quite specific that Altdorf has refugees from everywhere - Bretonnia, Estalia, Tilea, Kislev. Communities, soldiers, nobles, the lot!
    Ok, now I got to buy the book. Lol
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast